Any guess as to when 7965 Millennium Falcon

I haven't heard any substantial rumors regarding the Falcon's EOL, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this follow a similar trajectory of the Black Pearl/QAR, with the last ones being snapped up in the October-ish period and being unavailable at retail by the time many folks are doing their Christmas shopping. I guess that means about a two year run with stock still being available for a few months after production finishes. Just a guess, though. If I see any more at $99 like before Christmas 2012, I'll snap them up!

Mr. Emazers, was that the case for the Black Pearl and QAR last year this time? I'm just curious if they 'estimate' how many orders they can fill and pick all of 2013 as a 'delivery' period (but possibly run dry near the end of 2013) or if they are committed to actively producing more sets until at least the end of 2013?

The POTC Black Pearl and Queen Revenge, and the Harry Potter Castle 4842 were Listed as Spring Only last year. Just Like The LOTR Helm's Deep and the Monster Fighters are Marked as Spring Only for 2013. So the Helm's Deep and the Vampire's Castle are the ones to start getting. So its hard to tell how long the Helm's Deep and Monster Fighters will be around onece the runs are done. "But its not known when the Haunted House will be retired." But I plan on buying as many as I can, because the Haunted House will be big bucks when retired. Ed

The POTC Black Pearl and Queen Revenge, and the Harry Potter Castle 4842 were Listed as Spring Only last year. Just Like The LOTR Helm's Deep and the Monster Fighters are Marked as Spring Only for 2013. So the Helm's Deep and the Vampire's Castle are the ones to start getting. So its hard to tell how long the Helm's Deep and Monster Fighters will be around onece the runs are done. "But its not known when the Haunted House will be retired." But I plan on buying as many as I can, because the Haunted House will be big bucks when retired. Ed

Much appreciated, sir. Sounds like we're on the same page...

I do not know if the Millenium Falcon will be discontinued soon, but there have been so many remakes of the set, that Lego will no doubt come out with another one....and another.....and another. There isn't a more iconic Star Wars ship than the Millenium Falcon. Though with each remake the set varies slightly, once a new one comes out, the value of the old one will dip, possibly killing investment potential. Haunted House, on the other hand will DEFINITELY bring in some big buck$. Its generally been in the background behind the Vampire Castle, but once it is labelled "Retiring Soon" on LEGO Shop at Home, it will skyrocket in value on the secondary market.

I do not know if the Millenium Falcon will be discontinued soon, but there have been so many remakes of the set, that Lego will no doubt come out with another one....and another.....and another. There isn't a more iconic Star Wars ship than the Millenium Falcon. Though with each remake the set varies slightly, once a new one comes out, the value of the old one will dip, possibly killing investment potential.

Exactamundo -- I love the Falcon but being the third iteration now, it just has less potential then other sets of the same price range. To me it isn't much better than the 2nd version which was only $100 retail. If you can get the new Falcon at a decent disount, fine, but Amazon and others have been stingy with this set. I have seen very few blanket discounts. I did snag a few on a coupon + BOGO awhile back, but I don't plan on getting a ton of them.

All Walmarts are different but my stores had the red tag on them which means they will no longer carry the set. The red tag thing is universal throughout all Walmarts, maybe yours just had tons of stock.

Same here. Red tags but only at some Walmarts. When it comes down to it there are a lot of new sets coming out and some of the older ones are going to have to go to make room on the shelves. This could be one that goes.

Exactamundo -- I love the Falcon but being the third iteration now, it just has less potential then other sets of the same price range. To me it isn't much better than the 2nd version which was only $100 retail. If you can get the new Falcon at a decent disount, fine, but Amazon and others have been stingy with this set. I have seen very few blanket discounts. I did snag a few on a coupon + BOGO awhile back, but I don't plan on getting a ton of them.

Amazon uk had 7965 at 36% off last week.

It was red tagged and in the clearance isle but wasn't discounted........I complained about it and got it for 90.00 + tax

holy moly!

where was this?

i've called the 3 walmart's in my area that had these and all of them were regular price :(

wondering if i should just take the plunge and get them all (6 total in my area)

TOO ME, GETTING THE MILLIENIUM FALCON IS AN OK INVEST...NOT THE GREATEST. I HAVE A FEW OF THEM AND DON'T PLAN TO GET ANY MORE. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A REMAKE OF IT LIKE SOMEONE SAID...SO IT DOESN'T MAKE IT THAT SPECIAL. I FEEL THERE ARE A LOT BETTER INVESTMENTS TO INVEST IN AT $140. LIKE HAUNTED HOUSE, VAMPS CASTLE, HELMS DEEP, PET SHOP, GRAND EMPORIUM, ALSO KEEP IN MIND MAYBE 2 OLIVIA'S HOUSE OR AN EPIC DRAGON BATTLE. I FEEL ONLY BUY MILLENIUM FALCON IF YOU WANT TO BUILD IT AND MAYBE HAVE ONE FOR BACK UP SELL OR BECAUSE YOUR A SW FAN AND YOU JUST LOVE THAT SHIP. EVEN THE OLDER FALCONS BESIDES THE UCS ONE ARE NOT THAT HOT. IF I DO GET SOME ITS BECAUSE I GOT A REAL REAL GOOD DEAL LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID $99 OR LESS AND MAKE QUICK FLIPS ON THEM. THEY STILL HAVE A BUNCH OF THEM AT 3 OF MY WALMART'S HERE LA. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY WILL RETIRE IT. HOPEFULLY SOON FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE LOTS OF THEM AND I KNOW HOW IT IS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE THEM THEY DON'T WANT THEM RETIRED YET. I JUST DON'T WANT IT TO BE LIKE THE LIVE STAR...OR SHOULD WE SAY THE MILLENIUM "FOREVER PRODUCTION" FALCON. LOL I THINK IT WILL TAKE A COUPLE YEARS BEFORE THIS SET MAKES ANY SERIOUS $ BECAUSE I FEEL A LOT OF INVESTORS HAVE MULTIPLES OF THIS SET DUE TO THE FACT IT'S SO ICONIC. BUT BETTER OFF GETTING OTHER UNIQUE SETS AS AN INVESTMENT IN MY OPINION. MR. CAPS OUT!!! :)

TOO ME, GETTING THE MILLIENIUM FALCON IS AN OK INVEST...NOT THE GREATEST. I HAVE A FEW OF THEM AND DON'T PLAN TO GET ANY MORE. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A REMAKE OF IT LIKE SOMEONE SAID...SO IT DOESN'T MAKE IT THAT SPECIAL. I FEEL THERE ARE A LOT BETTER INVESTMENTS TO INVEST IN AT $140. LIKE HAUNTED HOUSE, VAMPS CASTLE, HELMS DEEP, PET SHOP, GRAND EMPORIUM, ALSO KEEP IN MIND MAYBE 2 OLIVIA'S HOUSE OR AN EPIC DRAGON BATTLE. I FEEL ONLY BUY MILLENIUM FALCON IF YOU WANT TO BUILD IT AND MAYBE HAVE ONE FOR BACK UP SELL OR BECAUSE YOUR A SW FAN AND YOU JUST LOVE THAT SHIP. EVEN THE OLDER FALCONS BESIDES THE UCS ONE ARE NOT THAT HOT. IF I DO GET SOME ITS BECAUSE I GOT A REAL REAL GOOD DEAL LIKE SOMEONE ELSE SAID $99 OR LESS AND MAKE QUICK FLIPS ON THEM. THEY STILL HAVE A BUNCH OF THEM AT 3 OF MY WALMART'S HERE LA. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHEN THEY WILL RETIRE IT. HOPEFULLY SOON FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE LOTS OF THEM AND I KNOW HOW IT IS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE THEM THEY DON'T WANT THEM RETIRED YET. I JUST DON'T WANT IT TO BE LIKE THE LIVE STAR...OR SHOULD WE SAY THE MILLENIUM "FOREVER PRODUCTION" FALCON. LOL I THINK IT WILL TAKE A COUPLE YEARS BEFORE THIS SET MAKES ANY SERIOUS $ BECAUSE I FEEL A LOT OF INVESTORS HAVE MULTIPLES OF THIS SET DUE TO THE FACT IT'S SO ICONIC. BUT BETTER OFF GETTING OTHER UNIQUE SETS AS AN INVESTMENT IN MY OPINION. MR. CAPS OUT!!! :)

I know you said that you use all caps because you have difficulty seeing lowercase letters. Just a friendly suggestion...assuming that you're using Windows, are you aware that there is a Magnifier application that is built-in?

I'm sure there's an equivalent on Mac too, but even though I'm using an MBP I don't know what the equivalent application is.