Black Pearl in bulk lot - what would you do?

My investment plan seemed to have been straight forward until this weekend where I ran into snag.  I buy Lego new in box for long time hold investment and I buy bulk lots for the entertainment of building.  Here's where the waters get muddied.  I bought 2 boxes of bulk Lego and found the Black Pearl.  No sails, and no instructions, but sealed bags and the ship parts.  Not sure If I have all of the bags.  Here is the question.  Do I open them?  What would you do?

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

1 minute ago, Pebble&Park said:

There should be six numbered bags and an unnumbered bag with masts and rigging. If you have them all, seems like an easy sell on BL or eBay as sealed bags incomplete. Someone will either make or buy sails for it. I think opening the bags lowers the value significantly. 

Six numbered bags, the bag with the masts and the pirate flag.  also the loose hull pieces.  seems just missing the sails and instructions. 

6 minutes ago, jdthome said:

Six numbered bags, the bag with the masts and the pirate flag.  also the loose hull pieces.  seems just missing the sails and instructions. 

New sails and instructions would run ~$150 including shipping. You can buy a no box sealed bags version of that ship on BL right now for $450. I bet you could get close to the $300 implied value by just selling it as is, without the hassle of completing the set. 

• Like 1