4645 - Harbour

redeemed763

So I got this one drop shipped before I knew about the scam, ToysRus knows everything and told me to keep the set, I bought it for $45 but now it has been free as the seller refunded the purchase. I bought it because it was so cheap, now that it was free I am trying to decide what to do with it. If I hold on to it, I don't see it soaring in value later as the other City Harbor 7994 which had a very rare oversize boat hull and larger harbor has only doubled in value over the last few years and this set is much more common in nature. If I sell now, I would want to at least get $50 in my pocket or else I'd rather just build it myself and enjoy it, any thoughts on what to do? ToysRus is still selling them for $90 with free shipping but it is a discontinued set.

Sounds like he did the right thing, reported the theft and was told to keep the set by the merchant. I'd say his conscience is clean. As for what to do with the set why not hang onto it and see how it does. It's the ultimate investment as you're essentially playing with free money. If the set takes off later than great, and if not you can sell it for whatever the market rate is without risking it losing anything.

• 1 year later...

Thanks @rtisan and OrcKing,

I could have gotten an extra 10% discount 3 weeks ago but I missed it. I am still doubting if to buy it. It is EOL here in Europe. If one is lucky it can be found still in some small shops. I have one myself and I build it. I like it but I do not like the pier as it is a bit difficult to implement it in a city.