75936 - Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage

Val-E

Gross. I’ve been budgeting $250 for this set and this is a pass and a half. Just looks like that Legend of Isla Nublar Dino mech got a little bigger and 4x as expensive. Park entrance is alright but not worth a giant set like this. 

Where is the visitor center? $250 visitor center w/entrance way and classic figures would have been a slam dunk. Sad! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Gross. I’ve been budgeting $250 for this set and this is a pass and a half. Just looks like that Legend of Isla Nublar Dino mech got a little bigger and 4x as expensive. Park entrance is alright but not worth a giant set like this. 

Where is the visitor center? $250 visitor center w/entrance way and classic figures would have been a slam dunk. Sad! 

I think the designer feels your criticism

Edited by Mark Twain
  • Like 2

if it was $99 that would be perfect...$149...OK

When I first saw the image...it's what I was thinking of when I thought UCS T-Rex...not a fan of the color-way though.

AT $250 w/ no exclusive dino-figures (which may have saved it for collector value)...unless it's as big as Voltron...just seems ridiculously over-priced.

This would be a lot more enticing if there was at least one decent quality Ford Explorer build included.  It'll be interesting to see how the build of the T-Rex is designed.  The torso looks about the size of Rey's Speeder?  I felt a bit underwhelmed seeing the picture, admittedly.  It's... okay.

2 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

There’s a picture of the back of the box and what appear to be six tiny vignettes in the back of the gate, Tower of Orthanc style.  Must be where the mini figures go....

Better quality pics. The actual title is T Rex Rampage not Fallen Kingdom.

61321733_209876063314478_356253741560785

61295473_867127826996576_748217011122179

Have to say initial thoughts are I'm super dissapointed in this. Why make a gimmick set? Would have preferred a minifig scale set of a park section (including gate) and the main building of the film (forget what it was called). The tiny cutaways in the back of this do no justice to their respective scenes for me, from the front those gates are very plain, and missing some minifigs like the kids and the hunter guy. The t rex while I'm sure is a clever build looks a bit cutesy and derpy to me especially on the back pic. And there is STILL no jurrasic Park jeep.

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to this, haven't bought anything LEGO for a while, but this set was going to suck me back in... or so i hoped. I mean it's ok, just not what everyone really wanted i don't think. The brick built T-Rex will look a lot better in my Paddock moc, so at least there's that to look forward to.

17 hours ago, Val-E said:

Better quality pics. The actual title is T Rex Rampage not Fallen Kingdom.

61295473_867127826996576_748217011122179

Those vignettes are amazing.

Think of it this way, they are building the gate and its going to have a bunch of wasted space in it.

OR they could fill that wasted space with some cool little moments. It's a bonus, not a substitute for a full scene.

While you obviously can't 'play' in them, they are an awesome call out to some of the best scenes from the film. It's Lego, so you can just take these pieces and build out your own scene.

The bed for Ian Malcom to lay on with his shirt open is so hilarious. Iconic.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Graphicski said:

Have to say initial thoughts are I'm super dissapointed in this. Why make a gimmick set? Would have preferred a minifig scale set of a park section (including gate) and the main building of the film (forget what it was called). The tiny cutaways in the back of this do no justice to their respective scenes for me, from the front those gates are very plain, and missing some minifigs like the kids and the hunter guy. The t rex while I'm sure is a clever build looks a bit cutesy and derpy to me especially on the back pic. And there is STILL no jurrasic Park jeep.

I have no idea where these images came from, but to me they are a real disappointment. First the sign Jurassic Park is totally off given the running (actual) theme which is Jurassic World.. also the visual image is so POOR I can not belive that TLG would settlle on that.

+ another "bright" remark.. who EVER saw any real photo shoot of ANYONE on any LEGO box? .. - and there are a plenty of the actors,... I have a strong feeling tha this is a fake.. even the "skin/surface" of the dinosaur looks pretty lamely (so many studs?)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

I have no idea where these images came from, but to me they are a real disappointment. First the sign Jurassic Park is totally off given the running (actual) theme which is Jurassic World.. also the visual image is so POOR I can not belive that TLG would settlle on that.

+ another "bright" remark.. who EVER saw any real photo shoot of ANYONE on any LEGO box? .. - and there are a plenty of the actors,... I have a strong feeling tha this is a fake.. even the "skin/surface" of the dinosaur looks pretty lamely (so many studs?)

I wouldn't get your hopes up that this is fake. Looks like a build that designers would create, and it's done too professionally to be fake. Usually with fakes there is some sort of box art mishap that gives it away. 

The vignettes improve the set a little, but I still don't like it. How is nobody talking about the dinosaur eyes? They are wild open and cartoonish, not slit and predatory like the original JP T rex is supposed to look like. The dino looks like he got caught doing something wrong and he's trying to look innocent with wide eyes. what a waste

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t_mafia said:

How is nobody talking about the dinosaur eyes? They are wild open and cartoonish, not slit and predatory like the original JP T rex is supposed to look like. The dino looks like he got caught doing something wrong and he's trying to look innocent with wide eyes. what a waste

t_rex.jpg

• Like 4