Ideas #026: 21318 - Treehouse

26 minutes ago, landphieran said:

This year has been a fantastic year for selling. Hands down one of the best. Unfortunately there was a lot of wasted opportunities. Normally every holiday I liquidate my mistakes. Whether it was accidental buys of something I thought was retiring or missed flipping opportunities. This year has been one of the worst years for me in that regards. With the pull back of HP, re-release of ideas, and continuation of the Tree house. My tax sheet wont show the magnitude of fruitless work that went into this year.

As I've began to reflect on my COVID time investing journey, I found myself making ALL the wrong decisions in the fall. I got caught up in a scarcity narrative, I had extra money I normally didn't have and wasn't patient. When the frenzy of Christmas happens, I feel like I make very good decisive investing decisions. Some of my most successful investments have been late into the year scrolling through sold out items and realizing a winner was sitting in stock that no one was purchasing. Maybe its the fact that I take off most of the year from investing and fall out of touch of the market. 

Cash out the duds when you have a chance and make some better decisions. Lego isn't going to punk me like that again.

Fun stuff 🙂

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

This year has been a fantastic year for selling. Hands down one of the best. Unfortunately there was a lot of wasted opportunities. Normally every holiday I liquidate my mistakes. Whether it was accidental buys of something I thought was retiring or missed flipping opportunities. This year has been one of the worst years for me in that regards. With the pull back of HP, re-release of ideas, and continuation of the Tree house. My tax sheet wont show the magnitude of fruitless work that went into this year.

As I've began to reflect on my COVID time investing journey, I found myself making ALL the wrong decisions in the fall. I got caught up in a scarcity narrative, I had extra money I normally didn't have and wasn't patient. When the frenzy of Christmas happens, I feel like I make very good decisive investing decisions. Some of my most successful investments have been late into the year scrolling through sold out items and realizing a winner was sitting in stock that no one was purchasing. Maybe its the fact that I take off most of the year from investing and fall out of touch of the market. 

Cash out the duds when you have a chance and make some better decisions. Lego isn't going to punk me like that again.

Hang in there with the Tree House.

I think this thing is making a last minute comeback. I got in at $180 and I'm now getting offers around $300. I believe they will sell at $325 this week on the bay. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Robby99x said:

What about the end of life date? The set was already extended twice and I had hoped that it will retire this year. But I found this investment review which states the new end of life date is now 2023. I am confused now. What can we expect?

That the tree will keep going until Lego stops making it, perhaps end of 2023? Perhaps this tree grows forever.