40346 - Legoland

Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Porvida said:

Was a little pricey. $14 or so for FedEx ground. Also tax is 10%

$89.99 + $8.99 10% tax + $14 shipping = $112.98 is not a bad deal at all!

I called Legoland Chicago but they would not ship me anything.  Said to order online.  I said this is a Legoland Exclusive not available online and someone mentioned their Legoland was able to ship them a set.  Referred me to the nearest brick and mortar Lego store, maybe that's where your friend was able to place an order over the phone... face palm..  nevermind, thank you anyway.  Click.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

$89.99 + $8.99 10% tax + $14 shipping = $112.98 is not a bad deal at all!

I called Legoland Chicago but they would not ship me anything.  Said to order online.  I said this is a Legoland Exclusive not available online and someone mentioned their Legoland was able to ship them a set.  Referred me to the nearest brick and mortar Lego store, maybe that's where your friend was able to place an order over the phone... face palm..  nevermind, thank you anyway.  Click.

Which state are you in? If you need a copy I can probably help you out. 

• Like 4

On 5/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

also I was able to purchase at the Legoland hotel gift shop so you don't even have to go into the park.  Both hotel giftshops (Legoland Ca) had plenty on the shelves.

So I probably will be going to SoCal next week.  So do I need to purchase anything to get in to the Legoland hotel gift shop, like parking, or stay at the hotel overnight?  How exactly does it work?  Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, kenchu2000 said:

So I probably will be going to SoCal next week.  So do I need to purchase anything to get in to the Legoland hotel gift shop, like parking, or stay at the hotel overnight?  How exactly does it work?  Thanks in advance.

For me, parking was required (which was included in the hotel stay price). There may be temporary/short -term parking options (drop off scenario); but I recommend caling ahead to get details.

There is a $20 fee to park at LEGOLAND. However, if you spend $25, they should refund you your parking fee.

The caveat is that might only work if you buy a shopper’s pass. The SP is a full price ticket, and gets you into the park for an hour. They will refund you the full price of your ticket if you come back after your hour.

Correct, you need to buy a shoppers pass and jump through all their hoops to get parking refunded. LLFL is very strict about parking fees.

Also, you have to wait in line to get the shoppers pass. And at LLFL, do not expect the employees to know what a shoppers pass is, or how to ring one up. I guess it’s not commonly sold there.

Estimate an extra hour on your trip just to deal with parking, buying pass, and getting refund.

On 6/30/2019 at 10:10 PM, kenchu2000 said:

Florida, you had to pay for parking, but could access the hotel gift shop without any pass or hotel key. You may be able to time it so you arrive after they stop taking fees for parking and before the hotel gift shop closes.

Just re-read Kenchu's post and he said "hotel gift shop," not LEGOLAND.
I'm assuming the replies were also assuming LEGOLAND.

No, I noticed that. He also mentioned LEGOLAND California not Florida, lol.

I mentioned that the parking fees might not. E refundable if just doing the hotel gift shops.

I avoid those gift shops because they are really tiny. Why should they big? There’s a whole theme park with shops within 100 steps and you’re already a captive guest if you’re staying at the hotel...