Stranger Things 2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, t_mafia said:

Has it been confirmed that there will be more sets?

I just always assumed so because I didn’t think it would make sense for them to get the license to make 1 set, and there are characters missing from the one they made. But the 3rd season just came out, which would have been a great time to announce something, and 2 years ago it was thought there would be several POTC sets for the new movie and ended up being the Mary and 2 BH. 

LEGO store manager told me a while ago that the "large set coming out" (ended up being the Upside Down set) was the beginning of a new series.  The series hadn't been defined yet, but there was going to be more sets tied to it.  I suspect they were testing the waters with the first set to measure demand / interest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally had a chance to build the Upside Down set. Pretty cool build despite the repetitive steps.  Looks great. My kids like it.  Only problem (at least with my set) is the clutch power of both houses. No matter which house is on the bottom, it separates from the floor base.

after fixing it twice, I’m done.  The pic below is the last pic before I disassemble it. Time to put away the set. Frustrating.  

Has anyone else had the same problem?

E06835AB-453C-4176-B732-117486520EEF.jpeg

57 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I finally had a chance to build the Upside Down set. Pretty cool build despite the repetitive steps.  Looks great. My kids like it.  Only problem (at least with my set) is the clutch power of both houses. No matter which house is on the bottom, it separates from the floor base.

after fixing it twice, I’m done.  The pic below is the last pic before I disassemble it. Time to put away the set. Frustrating.  

Has anyone else had the same problem?

E06835AB-453C-4176-B732-117486520EEF.jpeg

My wife and I got this set and after the build I noticed the house looked like it was about to fall apart.  We ruled out the trees on the sides, and we ruled out how the baseplates on the bottom of the houses were connected together.  That left us with just the builds of the houses themselves.  Ultimately (in our case), the root cause was us not being very careful in where the porch posts connected to the awning of the roof.  I don't know the proper terminology but the 1x2 modified plate could press up into the awning in half-steps, either in a space (shown in red) or that tiny peg (shown in green) and after getting those placed properly the rest of the house, the foundation, everything finally pressed together.  Prior to that, some posts were slanted, we noticed slight spacing between the bricks of the walls, it looked like it was going to fall apart.

20191109_070400.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

2 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

My wife and I got this set and after the build I noticed the house looked like it was about to fall apart.  We ruled out the trees on the sides, and we ruled out how the baseplates on the bottom of the houses were connected together.  That left us with just the builds of the houses themselves.  Ultimately (in our case), the root cause was us not being very careful in where the porch posts connected to the awning of the roof.  I don't know the proper terminology but the 1x2 modified plate could press up into the awning in half-steps, either in a space (shown in red) or that tiny peg (shown in green) and after getting those placed properly the rest of the house, the foundation, everything finally pressed together.  Prior to that, some posts were slanted, we noticed slight spacing between the bricks of the walls, it looked like it was going to fall apart.

Yeah,  I also into that.  On the 2nd rebuild, I even left the pillars off.  Didn’t matter.

my issue isn’t with the roof but 90% of the N x 1 bricks  that connect to plate elements that make up the group.

Mine has been rock solid.   I've done the one-hand-flip to show to people and it doesn't move at all.   

LEGO is very interested in quality feedback, so if you have a few minutes ring up the customer service line and explain the issues.  They log everything, and would appreciate it.   They may throw you some swag or points for your trouble, but more importantly if multiple people report the same issue, they will look into the design or production run.    If you have the box seal codes or the parts bag codes, those would be helpful to Lego as well.

• Like 3

i think if both trees were connected to each side of the house, that would might add extra stability to keep the house in-place when upside down.  Not sure.

i did leave Lego feedback via  customer support. They asked for the tape seal code. (29r6).  Since I’m within my 30 days , I’ll just return it to amazon,  it's a nice set. 

What does everyone think investment wise for this set upside down 75810?  Does anyone think this set could reach $450+ in a few years? 

I have read that Lego might make more stranger things sets in the future which possibly means this set may not grow in value as much (They already have stranger things brickheadz set coming soon).

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, LegoC777 said:

What does everyone think investment wise for this set upside down 75810?  Does anyone think this set could reach $450+ in a few years? 

I have read that Lego might make more stranger things sets in the future which possibly means this set may not grow in value as much (They already have stranger things brickheadz set coming soon).

Thoughts?

I think making more Stranger Things sets is good for this one because there are always people coming into LEGO for the first time or coming back to it after years, and when they see the new sets, they'll pick those up. Eventually, they think, "Hmm, have there ever been any other sets like these?" BAM. They search on Amazon, Ebay, etc. and find this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LegoC777 said:

Thoughts?

what are some examples of IP one and done the appreciated really well?

3 hours ago, LegoC777 said:

Thoughts?

Why would more sets in the theme harm 75810 ?

Didn't the Brickheadz come out start of Feb 

36 minutes ago, roxio said:

Why would more sets in the theme harm 75810 ?

Didn't the Brickheadz come out start of Feb 

actually yeah it did come out at the start of Feb. As for more sets harming upside down value , I guess I was comparing it to sets like Voltron or old fishing store.  Those two sets , will probably never get another set from those series making them a bit more "unique" in a sense.  But maybe upside down would be okay in value if there are more sets from that series. dunno..

6 minutes ago, LegoC777 said:

actually yeah it did come out at the start of Feb. As for more sets harming upside down value , I guess I was comparing it to sets like Voltron or old fishing store.  Those two sets , will probably never get another set from those series making them a bit more "unique" in a sense.  But maybe upside down would be okay in value if there are more sets from that series. dunno..

I think the reason Voltron is doing decent is that it's a very popular IP (generations of fans) and pretty awesome in its own right.

Old Fishing Store hits a special spot for fans of fishing (universal appeal), buildings, and LEGO

The Upside Down set is unique but ask the casual LEGO fan about it and they most likely have no clue what it's supposed to be.  This set NEEDS more sets rom the show to keep it relevant.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Demand was obviously driven by the most recent season coming out and being well liked. I imagine there are a lot out there that just haven't hit the market yet, which will likely cause a price plateau or even a drop through the holiday season. I only own one copy of this set and it has popped seals (thanks Target) so I'm happy to see I'll be able to get my money out of it for sure.