Inventory Tracking Apps/Tools Suggestions?

Targeted more to you heavy hitters,

Does anyone suggest an App/Tool/Suite for inventory tracking? Something you can use your cell phone or a tablet or a Bluetooth barcode scanner to scan items and automatically have them entered into a program or spreadsheet or database of any sort? Obviously, some customisability would be nice - I'd like to be able to enter cost paid, date purchased, etc. 

I've seen some stuff to relatively easily scan and import things into Excel, but I was wondering if anyone strongly suggested a particular way to go about this. I am trying to improve my methods.

Any input appreciated.

4 hours ago, Achilles said:

Targeted more to you heavy hitters,

Does anyone suggest an App/Tool/Suite for inventory tracking? Something you can use your cell phone or a tablet or a Bluetooth barcode scanner to scan items and automatically have them entered into a program or spreadsheet or database of any sort? Obviously, some customisability would be nice - I'd like to be able to enter cost paid, date purchased, etc. 

I've seen some stuff to relatively easily scan and import things into Excel, but I was wondering if anyone strongly suggested a particular way to go about this. I am trying to improve my methods.

Any input appreciated.

You can use Sortly. I prefer to use my surface and enter data into Brickstock. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, Foreman Porgy said:

You can use Sortly. I prefer to use my surface and enter data into Brickstock. 

Took a look at Sortly. Interesting app. One of the features that I didn't like (looking at trial) was having to move inventory to the Out folder.
I could see this being cumbersome when sending in shipments to FBA.
I'm still searching for a program that works with FBA (mainly), but also allows for entering in purchases from B&M retail chains as well as online purchases and then syncing sales and inventory.

@Achilles from what I've seen (& done) a lot of people on here are using a combination of Excel sheets and another program to handle inventory tracking. The trick is having a sheet that can do both. These are often very technical when you take into consideration the formulas required across the different sheets within the workbook.

3 hours ago, ISO8T0 said:

Took a look at Sortly. Interesting app. One of the features that I didn't like (looking at trial) was having to move inventory to the Out folder.
I could see this being cumbersome when sending in shipments to FBA.
I'm still searching for a program that works with FBA (mainly), but also allows for entering in purchases from B&M retail chains as well as online purchases and then syncing sales and inventory.

@Achilles from what I've seen (& done) a lot of people on here are using a combination of Excel sheets and another program to handle inventory tracking. The trick is having a sheet that can do both. These are often very technical when you take into consideration the formulas required across the different sheets within the workbook.

Yeah, with all honesty I’ve pretty much lost track of my set inventory which is why I haven’t tried FBA yet. My main focus is keeping track of my BL inventory. 

• 1 year later...