75244 - Tantive IV

Val-E

6 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

They were unnumbered so you had to open them all prior to building. If you are trying to see if you have a complete set you can watch this.

Yea I just got a set with 15 sealed bags and just wanted to make sure it was complete. I need a mouse to skip through the opening of the bags! The few reviews I found does not show clearly how many bags there are. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

I was right there when the sales started and this was sold out from the beginning. I suspect the bots got them all.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, Captain_chaos said:

Honestly £179.99 for this is a bloody joke. I certainly won't be paying that. I'm sure £130 will be achievable with patience.

Patience paid off... Still available in the Lego store at 20% off and four giveaways.  I bought another one today.  I know have four.

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

My local store had them marked down 30% off and they still sat there for a few weeks. I ended up grabbing all of them to stack the GWPs. I hope they do well.

My local store still has them! I think they are 20% off. Might give them a call this morning. They also still have the Vintage Car GWP...

I think the prices for 10198 are bad because 75244 overshadows it in every way.  

75244 has no issues with translucent cockpit pieces (10198) and the proportions are correct.  75244 has the exact same minifigures as 10198 + Bail Organa (only found in this set).  And it has a handle, which is always nice when moving a LEGO capital ship.

It works well as a playset and display piece.

Before 75244 came out sealed copies of 10198 were selling in the $300-500 range.  I know because I decided I would try to get a used copy if I could.  That wasn't too bad for a $150 set that had some serious flaws in my opinion.  I don't feel 75244 really has any major flaws.  Hopefully it does even better than 10198 at its prime.

• Like 4