Ideas #024: 21316 - The Flintstones

Alpinemaps

2 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Just like Seinfeld?

Millennials know Seinfeld, it's 90s. What was Flintstones, 60s? I would guess Seinfeld gets more streams than Fred and Barney. It ain't Friends but it's not forgotten. That set should do ok. 

Hey Target you can go ahead and put it on sale already 😑

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Millennials know Seinfeld, it's 90s. What was Flintstones, 60s? I would guess Seinfeld gets more streams than Fred and Barney. It ain't Friends but it's not forgotten. That set should do ok. 

Hey Target you can go ahead and put it on sale already 😑

i watched flintstones growing up as a kid along with scooby doo and jetsons. they all kind of fall in the same group in my mind though flintstones is oldest.  scooby doo was a great investing theme unfortunately short lived.  i  think i had cocoa pebbles on the brain when i thought this was going to make it to $140-150 in 2 years post eol buy in at $44

Edited by cladner
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cladner said:

i watched flintstones growing up as a kid along with scooby doo and jetsons. they all kind of fall in the same group in my mind though flintstones is oldest.  scooby doo was a great investing theme unfortunately short lived.  i  think i had cocoa pebbles on the brain when i thought this was going to make it to $140-150 in 2 years post eol buy in at $44

I only have 3 that I ordered from Amazon in October 2020.  Not the best case, but they were not the worst things I bought that year either.   

At least Amazon do not have 1000s in stock 2 years after retirement

what crazy is my kid ; never heard of Bugs Bunny; Donald Duck or pppporky pig

I know the relatively recent LaBron Space Jam reboot happened....but other than that I think WB has seriously let this (once huge; threatening Disney) IP die

I mean teh Animaniacs were great...I find myself humming tunes from that series all the time...and even started to explain Pinky & the Brain to my boy.

Lake Tittitkakka, Lake Tittikaka...it's between Bolivia and brazil

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:52 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

what crazy is my kid ; never heard of Bugs Bunny; Donald Duck or pppporky pig

I know the relatively recent LaBron Space Jam reboot happened....but other than that I think WB has seriously let this (once huge; threatening Disney) IP die

There is a currently ongoing Looney Tunes Cartoons series on HBO Max I am aware of. Aside from that, Time Warner has let the property go to the wayside or at least outside the focus of the general audience. I am trying to recall the last advertisement of any sort using the cast to promote anything.

I watched the latest Space Jam film and thought it was okay with a few amusing bits. Don Cheadle was probably the best part of the whole thing in my opinion. And kind of think they dropped the ball on not making Porky Pig drop some beatbox beats in that one random "hip hop" moment.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:52 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I mean teh Animaniacs were great...I find myself humming tunes from that series all the time...and even started to explain Pinky & the Brain to my boy.

Pinky & The Brain was easily the best and a favorite for me & my mother growing up. Also, Slappy Squirrel. She related to that character so much. Haha. (The "Who's on stage?" parody sketch is still one of the funniest ever.) I can't remember all the innuendos typically leading to Yakko's "Goodnight, everybody!" moments but those were good too.

Funny how looking back the reality of there only being two shorts centered around the one character of Minerva Mink yet she still stands out in my mind after all this time. Imagine that. :whistle:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...