The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

Food for thought...... There are about 3300 Walmart Supercenters in the united states. I obviously know they are selling the Brickheadz online, but the numbers to me don't add up. As an example, if you divided up 5000 Emmet BrickHeadz evenly amongst the 3500 stores nationwide ,  your store would get about 1 or 2 of them. So think of all the people who shop at your local Walmart. You and maybe another person would be the only people who got one out of all the shoppers who shop there. Also,  I have been reading that people are purchasing like 10-20 of them at a time which would make it even harder to obtain the BrickHeadz. I feel the stickers might not mean anything, and they are simply producing  multiple rounds of the 1-5000 stickers. 

• Like 2

Just now, cuttingcorners47 said:

Food for thought...... There are about 3300 Walmart Supercenters in the united states. I obviously know they are selling the Brickheadz online, but the numbers to me don't add up. As an example, if you divided up 5000 Emmet BrickHeadz evenly amongst the 3500 stores nationwide ,  your store would get about 1 or 2 of them. So think of all the people who shop at your local Walmart. You and maybe another person would be the only people who got one out of all the shoppers who shop there. Also,  I have been reading that people are purchasing like 10-20 of them at a time which would make it even harder to obtain the BrickHeadz. I feel the stickers might not mean anything, and they are simply producing  multiple rounds of the 1-5000 stickers. 

FYI, Im in the northeast & mine shipped from texas.  My guess would be they are being held in the closest warehouse to their Mexico factory and distributed nationally from online orders. 

5xrrp is what Im talking about folks!!

2 hours ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

Yeah, that´s what I am thinking too. Some stores won´t get stock but let´s say just 10% do, that´s 300 stores and they would be getting them in tens, twenties or more to make logistics work. Add that to the people buying 20 plus online and you have way more than 5k.

When someone gets 2 with the same sticker we´ll know it´s a trap.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yeah, that´s what I am thinking too. Some stores won´t get stock but let´s say just 10% do, that´s 300 stores and they would be getting them in tens, twenties or more to make logistics work. Add that to the people buying 20 plus online and you have way more than 5k.

When someone gets 2 with the same sticker we´ll know it´s a trap.

The one thing both @Val-E and @cuttingcorners47 fail to awknowledge is this was for sale ONLINE only.  No sure why you both bring up the volume of b&m stores wally has.  Only sold on the intrawebs and not on the shelves, comprendo?  Also, it appears some of the larger players have recently been handed the ban hammer from wm so that would exlplain why it lasted as long (or short) as they did.  

• Like 6

The one thing both [mention=33480]Val-E[/mention] and [mention=93306]cuttingcorners47[/mention] fail to awknowledge is this was for sale ONLINE only.  No sure why you both bring up the volume of b&m stores wally has.  Only sold on the intrawebs and not on the shelves, comprendo?  Also, it appears some of the larger players have recently been handed the ban hammer from wm so that would exlplain why it lasted as long (or short) as they did.  

I agree. A few stores might have them, but it looks like an online event for the most part. Mine shipped from Florida. Wal-Mart shipped me 20 and I have had lesser orders cancelled previously, so there is no logic to a lot of it.

To me, Occam’s Razor says it best...when presented competing complex hypotheses to a problem, the simplest is usually the best solution. Easiest solution: 5000 sets of each character.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

FYI, Im in the northeast & mine shipped from texas.  My guess would be they are being held in the closest warehouse to their Mexico factory and distributed nationally from online orders. 

5xrrp is what Im talking about folks!!

Mine shipped from Orlando.  Can't say I've ever had anything ship from there in past.  I know they just opened a new DC in Davenport right outside O-town so Orlando scans would make sense.  

The 5k stickers will be legit.  They'll be 5k stickered and yes there will be more than 5k made for sure.  Other numbered stickered sets have had more stock made as the stickers are applied afterwards and not in the original cases.  The 5k sold though should be accurate.  Rest could be available in Canada if they get them.  The overseas ones could be made too but would have the overseas UPC.

3 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

lowest on ebay is 69/free shipping and there are only a few left. Next bench mark is $75 with free shipping.

I would think around 80% or more of these were purchased by resellers. The first big wave will arrive in their hands today with the remainder tomorrow and the price will be lucky to hold $24.99 by Sunday as the high volume sellers that are happy making a nickel per set get theirs. 

• Like 4

The fact that so many of you have been banned from Walmart makes me worried about Benny and Sweet Mayhem at Target or another store you're not banned from; I'm afraid they'll become available at 3am and sell out before I wake up and check. If that happens, I hope someone here will have mercy on me and sell me one of each for my own use at a reasonable price... 

Also what has me worried is that the exclusivity for Emmet and Wyldstyle was uncertain for a while, until Emmet's description was updated, and then people actually saw the stickers. Now everyone knows what the deal is from the beginning, and I feel the buying will be more insane and they'll sell out fast. Target could do some sort of red card exclusive, at least at first... 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TANV said:

So, I just got my sets of these. I noticed that the front and back of some the Wyldstle boxes area bit scratched up. Anyone have this issue? 

You think this would affect re-sell badly?

Probably depends if they are released later for those who just want to build it. For those that collect them in the box and don't build, yes, it will affect resale value. 

Edited by iahawks550

33 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

The fact that so many of you have been banned from Walmart makes me worried about Benny and Sweet Mayhem at Target or another store you're not banned from; I'm afraid they'll become available at 3am and sell out before I wake up and check. If that happens, I hope someone here will have mercy on me and sell me one of each for my own use at a reasonable price... 

Also what has me worried is that the exclusivity for Emmet and Wyldstyle was uncertain for a while, until Emmet's description was updated, and then people actually saw the stickers. Now everyone knows what the deal is from the beginning, and I feel the buying will be more insane and they'll sell out fast. Target could do some sort of red card exclusive, at least at first... 

As others have speculated, I assume there will be a normal retail version that will come out as either a dual pack with both figures or a general release with the sets in non stickered form.  Nobody knows if the upcoming 2 sets will have a limited run or not unless it has been stated and I missed it.   

I jus spoke to Polish CS and asked about TLM2 BHz for the rest of the world. He said that those 4 sets are provided exclusively for US market to WM and Target only but it is possible that those characters will be offered to the rest of the world, maybe in different configurations with different set numbers.

It will be against logic to not offer this sets in any way to the rest of the world and refuse to make money on Europeans, Aussies and Asians :)

4 minutes ago, kaczy said:

I jus spoke to Polish CS and asked about TLM2 BHz for the rest of the world. He said that those 4 sets are provided exclusively for US market to WM and Target only but it is possible that those characters will be offered to the rest of the world, maybe in different configurations with different set numbers.

It will be against logic to not offer this sets in any way to the rest of the world and refuse to make money on Europeans, Aussies and Asians :)

Well the Movie releases tomorrow here in the US. If Target is smart they will post them today at peak TLM2 hype. I agree with @CathyVT in that now that people know they're limited, there will be a lot of people F5'ing.

I am almost certain there will be another version (2-pack etc) that is not exclusive to US stores.

What I do not get is the logic behind making the single packs store exclusive.  Wouldn't it be more profitable selling single packs to the general public with the $15 new price, while keeping the dual packs as $30 store exclusive? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Solsbury18 said:

The last exclusive numbered LEGO sets at Walmart I remember where the three 60th anniversary sets. Did those get released anywhere else overseas? wondering how “exclusive” these types of sets turn out to be.

The 60th anniversary set wasn't tied to a movie, so I'm not sure if it would be fair to glean any assumptions off of that release.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, Foreman Porgy said:

How are these still available if it’s truly limited to 5000? 

Great question.  Maybe after the 4x4 Crawler debacle Walmart (partnering with Lego?) started this current system of cancelling orders to make sure that people didn't go nuts on these Brickheadz.