Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019

isn't it a plus (for small time re-sellers) that these may not be a good "fit" for FBA? due to the purchase limit of 3, can't hoard readily anyway.
Also the boxes are not planned to be branded "LEGO" but Lego is supposed to be a co-brand since they will want to clearly show that all pieces are manufactured and provided by LEgo and are authentic.

Possibly. A lot is unclear at the moment. I know it is a limit of 3 sets during the pre order phase but what will that look like during the sale period?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

I didn't think there was a sale period, besides now? 

From the AFOL FAQ

Will sets be available for purchase after the pre-order phase?

It depends. If a set sells out completely during crowdfunding, it would not be available during the sales period (April 15 through June).

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If someone over-committed; is there any way to cancel/modify pre-orders?

...asking for a friend

I believe there is a cancel pledge option if your $ or risk assessment can"t roll with it.  Haven't used it but looks like it exists. 

46 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I still haven’t committed yet, planning to go in for 2x castles....so I can built the full version.

I'm in for 2 sets  and the extra parts list for expansion!  I really like what I like so whatever.  Have some fun:)  I didn't really buy these for reselling anyway. Maybe that's what will make these super valuable later.

Where is details on 2 set combo

It’s not a combo. The expansion which makes up the back part of the castle consists of about 1500 parts. If you purchase a second castle set, you will have about 1000 of those parts. The remaining ~500 parts needed for the expansion will need to be purchased elsewhere like BrickLink. The designer provided a link to the site he plans to upload the instructions to for the expansion set on the comments section of the BL castle page. He also provided link for the parts list of the ~500 parts needed for the expansion set but not included in the castle set.
  • Like 1

I'm shocked that none of the sets has sold out in the presale period that ends 4/15. If they are going to make 2500 copies ( or up to 2500 copies?). I'd thought that since this is a world wide program that there would be a lot more interest. 

Are they aggressively marketing this, or is it the unknowns of the crowd funding model? I love the personal build aspect of many of the MOCs, but the reseller side of me is a skittish horse. 

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I'm shocked that none of the sets has sold out in the presale period that ends 4/15. If they are going to make 2500 copies ( or up to 2500 copies?). I'd thought that since this is a world wide program that there would be a lot more interest. 

Are they aggressively marketing this, or is it the unknowns of the crowd funding model? I love the personal build aspect of many of the MOCs, but the reseller side of me is a skittish horse. 

I feel the same way....great out-of-the -gate but the interest faded big time. I think the re-sellers are on the fence until they see the boxes...no reason to over-commit just to save on shipping. I am curious what the "exclusive element" is supposed to be.

I think more that a few potential buyers outside of the USA are wary of potential customs/brokerage fees that may come with shipping. Some of these fees can be significant.

Personally, I'm holding off placing my order for another week or so. Was hoping more information would have come out by now regarding the boxing and instructions details.

47 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I think more that a few potential buyers outside of the USA are wary of potential customs/brokerage fees that may come with shipping. Some of these fees can be significant.

Personally, I'm holding off placing my order for another week or so. Was hoping more information would have come out by now regarding the boxing and instructions details.

resellers will bumrush any sets that may sellout in the last week...some could miss the boat on the castle

5 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I feel the same way....great out-of-the -gate but the interest faded big time. I think the re-sellers are on the fence until they see the boxes...no reason to over-commit just to save on shipping. I am curious what the "exclusive element" is supposed to be.

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

resellers will bumrush any sets that may sellout in the last week...some could miss the boat on the castle

Well if money an time is available and not afraid of a gamble. These have What I  imagine would be a good combo for some value increase.  LEGO ,limited: I'm looking at 2500 as nothing number for the amount of future buyers. ( at that number resellers could get them all and set the price that fits)but the advertising will be up to us also.  Buy in price not there for BIG profit unless somehow theres a must have situation.  But...I like having rare and exclusive promo and trial run toys in my Brickfolio/Showroom. So my peeps look to me for cool stuff. Keep in mind I'm still Way small time not an arm sweeper yet like some of our better bargain hunters here Most of my comments are almost half Questions. Sooo.... ya?

31 minutes ago, Belac said:

Well if money an time is available and not afraid of a gamble. These have What I  imagine would be a good combo for some value increase.  LEGO ,limited: I'm looking at 2500 as nothing number for the amount of future buyers. ( at that number resellers could get them all and set the price that fits)but the advertising will be up to us also.  Buy in price not there for BIG profit unless somehow theres a must have situation.  But...I like having rare and exclusive promo and trial run toys in my Brickfolio/Showroom. So my peeps look to me for cool stuff. Keep in mind I'm still Way small time not an arm sweeper yet like some of our better bargain hunters here Most of my comments are almost half Questions. Sooo.... ya?

We know these will be limited but I would guess that the following possibilities could sink these as good investments:

Lego opts to not have their trademark on the box...or it's super small

BL changes mind on quantity produced and makes a lot more or never "retires" a set

Final box does not look professional

The above items are not supposed to happen...but possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
13 hours ago, Belac said:

It does in fact have LEGO on it.   just not as a logo.   Pretty nice though.

It's similar to Bright Bricks who make cathedral sets in the UK as well as being commissioned to make huge models. They're based not far from me.