Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I haven't gotten my castle either...and I ordered in the middle timeline.  I did get two other items so there's progress...maybe they are hoping to wait it out and hope folks would retract their pledge so they have more sets available for markup-Up-UP!!!

Bricklink marked down their sets to other Bricklink sellers to then markup. Just to be clear. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, eliminator said:

My 2x castles are still showing as "backordered". Are they still sending these out or am I SOL?

There's hope...just got the castle is "being shipped" email today

...weird note: pretty much after a post something about teh Afol pledge here...I get some sort of action form Bricklink (like next day)...Hmmm

REALLY...what are the odds the 2 times make a complaint-ish remark here...the very next day on both occasions..."Being shipped" email...after months of waiting

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

Thanks for sharing.

i don’t think there’s anyway they can go over the 2500 limit.

Bricklink are now two companies, BrickLink HK Ltd, registered in Hong Kong and Bricklink Corp registered in California.

Bricklink Corp appears to have been created for the ADP sets, which means they own the extra sets and parts, they also have studio shop on BrickLink Ltd 

Being separate entities is probably how/why they got suspended!

Could they possibly sell the extra parts thru Studio Shop? I don’t think there is anything to stop them selling parts, other than the fallout would likely do much harm.

Or maybe they’ll sell off to a local large store...

26 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

LEGO kept tight control of this project. No chance of additional production. And the parts... well just picture the final scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Most likely the parts will never be seen again.

So a road trip could be quite fruitful...  it’s only 4600 miles round trip  for me ?. Handy if your close by tho...

watching the video now..... very interesting!

creates mixed feelings: from shear amazement to utter disappointment... 1) second coolest place to work!!! 2) only ship 2 days a week?!?!? 

either way i am thrilled to be out of the dark ages and look forward to future LEGO endeavors, both financially and physically!

note: as i re-read what i've typed i couldn't imagine working for bricklink... while the concept is super cool the pace/progress/motivations/inspirations/overall is lack luster.