10265 - Ford Mustang

brickvoyeur

6 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

are you near Romeville? (Near Chicago I think)..that's where all my LEGO Shop at Home deliveries seem to originate

That's the place, I think Romeoville, Illinois?  I'm in Eastern Iowa.  I'm used to 2nd or 3rd day but never what felt like overnight.  The box wasn't perfect but I planned to build one anyway so I cut those seals immediately.  It's been a very interest build so far.  There's some great lego math that makes an angled technic assembly connect and line up almost perfectly with a light gray 1x2 slope placed earlier, my OCD found that pleasing.  There's several spots in the instructions where they have examples of how NOT to do it, so there's particularity throughout.  Just finished bag 4.  The doors have a cool double hinge construction.  Great build so far!

20190302_203714.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

I felt the same way; excellent build techniques, the way the whole thing fit together was pretty amazing.  

There were a couple of places during bag 4 or 5 where sections came apart because I pushed too hard.  Once the model is complete, it is quite sturdy. 

I love the customization of this set.  It really hits at the heart of hot rodding.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, Floriano said:
Does anyone know if physical shops are giving the keychain with this set? At SAH it seems to be gone already.

I was just at the store yesterday. While they ran out of the set, they had some keychains and a large stack of bumper stickers behind the counter.

(Note: LEGO Shop at Home US shows keychain is still available.)

IMG_2984.JPG

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, kris_1973 said:

I was just at the store yesterday. While they ran out of the set, they had some keychains and a large stack of bumper stickers behind the counter.

(Note: LEGO Shop at Home US shows keychain is still available.)

Right, I wasn't logged when I added the set to the cart. The keychain is showing now

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

So stores are out of stock on the mustang sets already?

We can only hope so! A £500 set if no more being made - LOL. Don't worry, it'll be piled up high everywhere and discounted within 3 months. I already know that John Lewis and Smyths are getting them.

47 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

We can only hope so! A £500 set if no more being made - LOL. Don't worry, it'll be piled up high everywhere and discounted within 3 months. I already know that John Lewis and Smyths are getting them.

no, I totally expect re-stock...in about a month...so that's the "window" for QLFF...anyway, I thinks everyone's opinion that this would be a popular set (possibly unprecedented popularity) seems to be right on.

More than likely, these will be available on shelves for as long as the current lines of autos...so no sign of scarcity for at least a couple of years.  I could see the keychain fetch a premium.

I was really hoping that MAYBE Lego does something new w/ this set, like only have limited runs of certain color-ways....an all silver or all back ...or dare to dream...convertible

[basically do what the auto industry does...leverage the RnD in the design into as many iterations for as long as possible] 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

The review video talks through some design considerations and shows a prototype version used as somewhat of a baseline in the earlier stages.   You can see elements of the designer's previous work on the DB5 come through in this prototype version.  I'm glad they didn't stop at that point and dust off their hands saying "ship it" ?

20190303_155225.jpg

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

I'm still tempted to buy now for the key-chain promo, but I'm going to hold my breath and try to double-stack with the Bricktober figs on Friday...

Anyone else still holding out?

Right there with ya.  Keychain seems to be going for $20 right now, so worth the risk in my opinion.  I just hope the SH Bricktober pack doesn't end up being in-store only.  

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Was anyone really expecting news OTHER than that?

Anyways, ample time for the QFLL's if it were to sell out in the next week or so.

I'm hoping that these QFLLs get negative feedback from being unable to deliver ?

Of course, there's no way that Amazon UK will actually let you have 30x via Prime, this is bound to drop down to 2x or maybe 3x?

I've just backordered another one from SaH anyway as I've just sold mine for £180 cash as somebody wanted one a s a birthday present by this afternoon ? I like the keyring, much more robust than I was expecting.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, eliminator said:

I'm still tempted to buy now for the key-chain promo, but I'm going to hold my breath and try to double-stack with the Bricktober figs on Friday...

Anyone else still holding out?

I'm not seeing it anywhere... what bricktober figs are you referring to and how do you get them? Thanks!
That might spark my interest

Guest TabbyBoy
45 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

originally the murmurs were for $75+ superhero purchase only, can anyone confirm purchase of $75+ of any theme?

I wouldn't spend 1¢ on Super Heroes let alone $75 ?

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10265 - Ford Mustang