10265 - Ford Mustang

brickvoyeur

7 minutes ago, Quacs said:

For anyone interested in the Unikitty giveaway, here is an image and link to the instruction:

F6189CEC-4596-402C-B214-015744274A0B.jpeg

the only conection I see with this unikitty set and the Ford Mustang...Set 10265 is so awesome that it's almost a "unicorn" for collectors...too awesome for a comapny like LEgo to ever create...that said missing out on one would make me so "Angry Unikitty" that I would drive a rollercoaster off the tracks...other than that...I got nothing

• Like 2

It looks like the SH Bricktober won't be available on the first week of March. Apparently, it will be offered as a GWP starting March 8th. I am contemplating whether to get it now or wait till 8th but I am pretty sure after I post this, I will just probably go back to my other tab and click "Submit."

I know I am a sucker for pretty much all the "Exclusive" Lego GWPs so I do like and want this Keydingle but it is still a very underwhelming GWP to go with what is truly a masterpiece set. I guess it is better than whatever that came with the Aston Martin set.

Edited by lebrick
  • Like 1

I thought about buying 2 just in case the stock might run out but I have a strange feeling that LEGO will be prepared this time. But at the same time, this set selling out early online would create an additional hype and even possibly drive more people to go to a Lego store. I bought one not because I was worried about the set selling out but more because I was worried that the keychain would run out... which probably won't but I know I am a sucker... and probably won't even use the keychain... I don't even drive... derp... 

Edited by lebrick

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, neeon82 said:

Do these go live in the UK today too, does anyone know?

I've just ordered one with the keyring as it didn't appear in my basket early this morning. If signs are good, I'll order another once the first has shipped (only if it comes with a keyring) and then maybe buy a lot more once discounted and closer to EOL. 

Got in store. Keychain and Unikitty. I was second to get it after opening and then 2 more people came in. Get them now if you want the keychain, imo.

Also, random. The Concord Mills Store has a Joker Manor, one Snowspeeder UCS on sale, a bunch of RRP Slave I, had a BB and DO sent and they sold immediately. This store gets lots of random stock because its a larger footprint.

Sent from my VS995 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Edited by CosmicSpeed

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've just ordered one with the keyring as it didn't appear in my basket early this morning. If signs are good, I'll order another once the first has shipped (only if it comes with a keyring) and then maybe buy a lot more once discounted and closer to EOL. 

I checked at 8am and it was still showing 'coming soon'. I have ordered one with the keyring.

Any idea why people are actually bidding on these on eBay already? One is at £177 at the time of writing.

52 minutes ago, neeon82 said:

I checked at 8am and it was still showing 'coming soon'. I have ordered one with the keyring.

Any idea why people are actually bidding on these on eBay already? One is at £177 at the time of writing.

29 minutes ago, Thebrickman2018 said:

Because they are idiots. I couldn't believe it either... fools! 

not everyone has access to LEGO Shop at Home whether from being banned or depending on where registered address is and whether or not you are an exporter trying to accumulate more than the limit for your customer base who might be willing to pay more to have them.

26 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

not everyone has access to LEGO Shop at Home whether from being banned or depending on where registered address is and whether or not you are an exporter trying to accumulate more than the limit for your customer base who might be willing to pay more to have them.

Xactly...these "fools" may have buyers lined up williing to pay 2 or 3x RRP...a rich guy (not to be bothered w/ shopping around) who is a fan of classic cars... may think getting this for under a grand is cheap...heck a caddy at a country club could probably move these by the pallet full at well over 3xRRP

Guest TabbyBoy

Perhaps this is for UK only...

Selling during "the window" is a dangerous game. An eBay business seller will HAVE to accept a return whether they want to or not (losing initial postage, risking box damage, or worse!) when the buyer realises that they're being scalped and buy from SaH instead. A private seller (who doesn't HAVE to accept returns under UK law), may have to deal with a SNAD as a lot of buyers will trying anything to return a set if they can get it for >£50 less from SaH. Early doors aren't for me as there's too many sneaky buyers out there these days. We know who eBay will side with, don't we?

It's all well and good saying that the rich can't be bothered to shop around, but they're a rare beast in the UK. Oh... I've not met a single person at the 19th hole that's remotely interested in Lego.

I'll build the Mustang that I just ordered and I have until Hell freezes over to see what discounts and EOL rumours are like nearer the time. I'm a big fan of the Mustang and have no intention of selling the keyring.

1 hour ago, neeon82 said:

They'll likely have the hassle of processing a return and then risk getting a bashed box back - LOL.

7 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's all well and good saying that the rich can't be bothered to shop around, but they're a rare beast in the UK. Oh... I've not met a single person at the 19th hole that's remotely interested in Lego.

I've met plenty of well to do...who are crazy about their car hobbies...pretty much all the male VPs and and high up supervisors are into cars...I have not met one who didn't at least have a project going on...or at a wish list.  AND that's the special part of this set...it's an iconic car model done really really well and there's no other like it...teh draw for car enthusiast (who may never even heard of LEgo) would still be high because even the box art is apealing to the casual car buff.  In contrast most speed champions look like toys and past LEgo expert and creator offering were (in the US at least) more a niche than mainstream.  

The LEGO store I was at yesterday had what looked like about 40-50 keychains and at least a 100 bumper stickers (they opened the package for mine).  The keychain is heavier than I expected.  It's definitely not cheep but a quality piece.

I'm a road racer at heart, hence my tag name, so my Mustang received full spoilers and zoomies but no supercharger or rear lift.  I considered modifying the hood to make it cowl induction but decided to keep the stock hood scoop for now.

As a testimony to how wide-spread I think appeal will be for this set; my wife told me this morning, "I'll need to move some candles to make room to display your car." 

lol... well done LEGO.

• Like 5

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10265 - Ford Mustang