10265 - Ford Mustang

brickvoyeur

This set should have a positive impact on both Speed Champions Mustang sets.  I missed out getting any 75871.  Those seem to be doing well.  75884 is 2018 but still has a bit of time on the shelves yet.  $12.93 in store isn't bad right now.  I remember getting excited over the $10.99 and $11.99 rollbacks Walmart had several months ago on a handful of different Speed Champions sets. If I recall, that's right about the same time people started getting order cancellations and bans before the holidays.  I'd like a few Mustangs at those prices.

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, KShine said:

Nice

It's about time we had a proper keepsake rather than a 2-bob promo set however, they will be all over eBay soon. I'd still buy the Mustang on day 1 without any promo at all or even VIP points. I'll leave the "quantity purchase" until it's discounted and the box updated when new/modified parts are added as per T1 and Mini. This could be the biggest winner of the theme, depending on numbers made and how unexclusive it is. I wonder if each will have it's own unique number on the box like the F40 did? This way, we can estimate production numbers.

Any speculation on WHY LEgo is not offering early VIP purchase for this set?

In terms of broad appeal the mustang trumps Flinestones easily

Initial impressions has got to be off the charts for the mustang set...which favors early VIP purchases

What's the play?

Is there a PLay?

...and how can we profit?

Maybe Lego wants to set new Day 1 Purchase records...

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

has there been a precedence tho?  Anyone know what's the current day-1 record holder?  (obviously early VIP purchase skews things and maybe that's the whole point)

My guess would be the 21309 Saturn V.

10 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Midnight tonight! (Well... 11 p.m. CST) I'm excited for this one.  Can I place two separate orders to get two keychains?  Either way I'm getting two, one to build, one to keep... might actually give one to my brother for his birthday on the 11th.

Ive actually booked time on my work calendar to drive over to my local store tomorrow for this. First set that I'll be there for release day.

12 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Midnight tonight! (Well... 11 p.m. CST) I'm excited for this one.  Can I place two separate orders to get two keychains?  Either way I'm getting two, one to build, one to keep... might actually give one to my brother for his birthday on the 11th.

Grabbing one for my son for his upcoming birthday. He's old enough to drive...would it be mean to write "Enjoy your new car!" in his birthday card?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10265 - Ford Mustang