10265 - Ford Mustang

brickvoyeur

Just now, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'm not sure I like the drag racing version of the car.  The big blower out the hood of this style Mustang just doesn't seem right.

First negative comment on this one and it´s not by me or Tabby.

I guess that´s why they give the option to tune it up or leave it stock. Maybe buy 2 to have one of each.

It´s certainly taken features to an all new level and I can see big crossover demand for this one, like T1.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

First negative comment on this one and it´s not by me or Tabby.

I guess that´s why they give the option to tune it up or leave it stock. Maybe buy 2 to have one of each.

It´s certainly taken features to an all new level and I can see big crossover demand for this one, like T1.

I like the unmodded version just fine and it is nice that there is an option for people that want the drag racing look, it's just not for me.

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Anyone else notice that the box didn't have tape seals on the back? It has the push in tabs like small box sets... weird...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

IIRC... didn't the F40 have push tabs also? It makes sense as these cannot be replaced/repaired if any parts are stolen.

Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Problem is the side that doesn´t have the tabs and most scum have access to glue and a cutter.

I do it myself for the right reasons.... I've noticed that a lot of the long Elves boxes become unstuck along the long edge after a couple of years (I should've stored them on long instead of short edge) and I simply use a cocktail stick to spread a little Gorilla glue along the gap and then seal it closed with low adhesion masking tape. I then take the masking tape off after 24hrs and voila.... an "untampered" box. I also print my own seal codes if they are peeling by using Metamark MD5 clear vinyl with a gloss laminate and then trim to size. If you're not in the trade, they aren't easy to replicate ?

There's one thing that will stop me buying this Mustang for my personal collection.... STICKERS !!!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I do it myself for the right reasons.... I've noticed that a lot of the long Elves boxes become unstuck along the long edge after a couple of years (I should've stored them on long instead of short edge) and I simply use a cocktail stick to spread a little Gorilla glue along the gap and then seal it closed with low adhesion masking tape. I then take the masking tape off after 24hrs and voila.... an "untampered" box. I also print my own seal codes if they are peeling by using Metamark MD5 clear vinyl with a gloss laminate and then trim to size. If you're not in the trade, they aren't easy to replicate ?

There's one thing that will stop me buying this Mustang for my personal collection.... STICKERS !!!

QFF

Guest TabbyBoy
16 hours ago, Val-E said:

Apparently we are getting two cars this year so maybe it will expire.

It'll probably be reworked with new front windows, better wheel arches and smaller pieces to kill of all hopes of recovering money from 10220 v1 and v2. I very much doubt it'll disappear any time soon. If it does, another one of a new colour will instantly replace it.

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

IIRC... didn't the F40 have push tabs also? It makes sense as these cannot be replaced/repaired if any parts are stolen.

learned something...thanks

I talked w/ an AFOL on a CL transaction and he went on and on about TRU and the Lego rep re-sealing the corrected Wall-E boxes...after your post, I just put two and two together...I is smart that way

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10265 - Ford Mustang