75243 - Slave I - 20th Anniversary Set

brickvoyeur

LEGO-Star-Wars-75243-Slave-I-20th-Anniversary-Edition-640x449.jpg.b60a38933fcf41496e212a244be330f2.jpg

Comes with Anniversary Leia.

Another chance to make Jango Fett's Slave I and upgrade 7153... instead we get 3 versions of Boba's Slave I available on the market at once, at 3 different sizes. Maybe the smaller one will act like a gateway drug and people will crave 75060.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

LEGO-Star-Wars-75243-Slave-I-20th-Anniversary-Edition-640x449.jpg.b60a38933fcf41496e212a244be330f2.jpg

Comes with Anniversary Leia.

Another chance to make Jango Fett's Slave I and upgrade 7153... instead we get 3 versions of Boba's Slave I available on the market at once, at 3 different sizes. Maybe the smaller one will act like a gateway drug and people will crave 75060.

With the UCS one retiring, I recko 75190 retiring before the other main 2017 SW sets suggests that a UCS destroyer is definitely coming this year.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

So the 75060 just increased in future value from what I can see.

Yes, it may even reach 1x RRP. However, it can't do as badly as the Dead 5, right?

Between Slave 1 and yet another Luke's Snowspeeder, you have to wonder what the saturation point is for these remakes.  Although, the bounty hunters are really cool.   Ugh...   

lol, What if LEGO was gearing up for an Executor bridge scene set with Vader talking to ALL of the bounty hunters.  The bounty hunter battle pack had four of the six from that scene.  This new Slave 1 completes the list of bounty hunters.  It would be an Executor bridge pit with Vader, an updated Admiral Piett, and a couple of commanders working their stations under the bounty hunter's feet so Bossk could look down on them.  Similar to what LEGO did in 10221 UCS SSD but make the set small like Death Star Escape 75229.  That seems to be the direction LEGO is going with these small vignette sets.

32 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Between Slave 1 and yet another Luke's Snowspeeder, you have to wonder what the saturation point is for these remakes. 

TLG product development meeting.

Dev Manager: Do we have an X-wing out?

Dev: Yeah.

Manager: Ok so we need another one in a different colour.  How about Tie Advanced?

Dev: One with the Death Star and one microfighter.

Manager: Ok we need a mid sized one too. We´ve got a Falcon out don´t we?

Dev: Three. A micro, a playset and a UCS.

Manager: And Snowspeeders, where are we at?

Dev: Still got a warehouse full of the retiring soon UCS one.

Manager: Ok, so just make one new version then and call it limited edition anniversary or some BS like that.

Dev: Copy. Say, what if we do a B-Wing - it´s been 5 years since the last one.

Manager. You´re fired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

the box actually appeals to me better than the UCS. (that is / has been so cliche with that dramatic background). Im afraid this one would seld much better as the novices aka ordinary buyers would not see any major difference between the two boxes. This one being "much cheaper" PLUS. having 4 minifigs.. 

• 1 year later...