70840 - Welcome To Apocalypseburg!

Foreman Porgy

Everyone is overreacting a bit. There are A LOT of listings out there without many sellers making sets look good. Architecture studio was pushing 600 dollars a couple days ago. Batmobile is pushing 300$. I was the only seller on a few of the older minecraft sets and the units weren't moving.

Give it a little time for prices to settle. 

Aburg has to be 500$+ to be a winner (imo). The FBA fee's on the set are nearly 100$, assuming a 200$ investment you are barely clearing 100% roi while running the risk some one returns it opened up.

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Everyone is overreacting a bit. There are A LOT of listings out there without many sellers making sets look good. Architecture studio was pushing 600 dollars a couple days ago. Batmobile is pushing 300$. I was the only seller on a few of the older minecraft sets and the units weren't moving.

Give it a little time for prices to settle. 

Aburg has to be 500$+ to be a winner (imo). The FBA fee's on the set are nearly 100$, assuming a 200$ investment you are barely clearing 100% roi while running the risk some one returns it opened up.

The question of whether a set is an "objective winner" or not is - as always - to be answered in relation to RRP, not personal buy-in. We'll see. My prediction is: Apocalypseburg will have a very hard time gaining +50% on RRP ever.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

The question of whether a set is an "objective winner" or not is - as always - to be answered in relation to RRP, not personal buy-in. We'll see. My prediction is: Apocalypseburg will have a very hard time gaining +50% on RRP ever.

RRP on this was $299 correct? Isn’t 299 x 1.5 = $450? That’s 50% on RRP. Currently pushing $500 on Amazon, only FBA listing of the current (9) sellers is $599.99. My only copy is on its way in. I’ll happily take my money and walk away now.

7 minutes ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

RRP on this was $299 correct? Isn’t 299 x 1.5 = $450? That’s 50% on RRP. Currently pushing $500 on Amazon, only FBA listing of the current (9) sellers is $599.99. My only copy is on its way in. I’ll happily take my money and walk away now.

My reference prices are on ebay since only a small fraction of investors is selling on amazon. Otherwise this would be the same "artificial" debate as the "winner or not" debate comparing buy-in vs. RRP. Selling EOL LEGO sets on Amazon vs. on Ebay is like selling water in the desert vs. a mid-size European city.

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

My reference prices are on ebay since only a small fraction of investors is selling on amazon. Otherwise this would be the same "artificial" debate as the "winner or not" debate comparing buy-in vs. RRP. Selling EOL LEGO sets on Amazon vs. on Ebay is like selling water in the desert vs. a mid-size European city.

Exactly. Good comparison.

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

It's tough to dismiss one selling platform if you are also going to dismiss buy-in prices. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Even if you can't sell on Amazon you can't dismiss it as a price point.  I base all my local sales off of Amazons price.  Usually its Amazon minus ~20%.  Everyone looks there to see what an item is selling for before they get to you, so you as a seller better know what the current prices are.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...