LEGO Shop at Home Limits

tacsniper

On 10/18/2020 at 10:42 AM, KShine said:

Be aware that if you keep ordering to be canceled - your limit will sometimes go to 0.

not sure if this is about constantly over-ordering or re-ordering to test existing limits.

If it's the latter; how would onw know they have been reset without trying?

I get this from LEGO:

We sometimes put limits on popular sets so as many LEGO fans as possible can get their hands on them. Although you won’t be able to buy those sets right now, we regularly change and remove purchase limits, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on our website over the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 2:51 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

not sure if this is about constantly over-ordering or re-ordering to test existing limits.

If it's the latter; how would onw know they have been reset without trying?

I get this from LEGO:

We sometimes put limits on popular sets so as many LEGO fans as possible can get their hands on them. Although you won’t be able to buy those sets right now, we regularly change and remove purchase limits, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on our website over the next few months.

Based on all the banning that Lego did a few years back, I have always figured that it's best to just live within the limits.  Who knows when they'll up and decide that serial orderers deserve the ban hammer once again.

25 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

how do you know you are banned?

6 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

In the past at least, they will send you an email to that effect and all subsequent orders will be cancelled.

I assume if one is banned you can search the site but not order. am I correct on that?  So joneyyy problem would be something different if cant log in. I'm guessing.

• Like 1

Just now, Belac said:

I assume if one is banned you can search the site but not order. am I correct on that?  So joneyyy problem would be something different if cant log in. I'm guessing.

Was more of a shadow ban, in my experience. You and others could place orders to your address, but they would all be cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

placed order for The Child and Anakin podracer...few hours later; order canceled because of limit on the Child (totally forgot I got one earlier)...saw the sale at Costco (win!)

anyway, can you purchase at the Lego store (and get VIP points)? or are the purchase limits also enforced in the B&M? Obviously can purchase incognito, but want the points.

28 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

placed order for The Child and Anakin podracer...few hours later; order canceled because of limit on the Child (totally forgot I got one earlier)...saw the sale at Costco (win!)

anyway, can you purchase at the Lego store (and get VIP points)? or are the purchase limits also enforced in the B&M? Obviously can purchase incognito, but want the points.

Shop@Home and B&M's are separate in regards to limits.  You will get your VIP points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, joneyyy1981 said:

anyone ever found a way around these small limits now?

I have a network of family members with different addresses that buy for me on their shop at home account and other sites. 1 brother, 1 sister, 1 parent's house, ect. I send them money via PayPal and they pay from their PayPal. I send them text messages like, hey buy me max of this set or that set, and they do it. We see each other at our parents house during the many holidays that we celebrate together though out the year and they bring me my spoils of war. Family...you can't beat it.

Could be SupraBoy?

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, maestro said:

I just placed 2 separate orders, each 1 containing a Santa's Sleigh. Lego cancelled the entire order. Has this happened to anyone?

Update: caused by Santa's Sleigh

Lego now enforce a hard limit when buying online. In UK santa sleigh is limit of 1, so you've went over. No way around it unfortunately. Only resets when limit goes up I.e. from 1 to 2 etc. Doubt it will go up before xmas this year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KShine said:

Don't go over the limit - If you are unsure of how many you bought over time, don't buy more.

At first they will simply cancel the order, but in time they will cancel you.

mqdefault.jpg

When I try to make any purchase I get this "Sorry! We're unable to authorise your payment at this time."