dont know where to begin!!

waynew

hi there,

I am after some info or advice...looking to find  where to get the value of my current lego sets and how to sell them??...is it best to sell minifigures separately from the sets?? altogether?? certain bricks as a bulk??…..I have over 300 sets ranging from small to big sets like, bennys spaceship, millennium falcon, Jurassic world....plus a lot of minifigure blind bag characters....any advice is welcome.

AFOL without a clue:)

1 hour ago, waynew said:

hi there,

I am after some info or advice...looking to find  where to get the value of my current lego sets and how to sell them??...is it best to sell minifigures separately from the sets?? altogether?? certain bricks as a bulk??…..I have over 300 sets ranging from small to big sets like, bennys spaceship, millennium falcon, Jurassic world....plus a lot of minifigure blind bag characters....any advice is welcome.

AFOL without a clue:)

AFOL without a clue, but somehow you found the forum.....Did you look around at all?

• Thanks 1

OK. So where to start. Are these new and boxed? Did you buy with a view to selling or are they a collection?
To get a value, stick them all into your Brickfolio and take it from there....

Well you are at the right place to get advice.
Like thebrickdad says it depends on so many factors. The most important in my opinion is, “How much time and effort you are willing to put in. “ Typically the more time equals more profit.
Another big factor is your buy in cost. If you were a buyer at 40%-50%, it’s hard not to make money on retired sets, but it also depends on which sets.
Unfortunately, Benny’s spaceship hasn’t done as well as most resellers originally thought.
You will probably get a lot more informative advice if you weren’t as vague in your questions. People here will you along your way, but typically you will need to show more effort into your questions by being more specific(like the ocean).

Hi guys

they are all my own sets that I have purchased over the last 10 years from brand new.

most of them don't have boxes apart from the bigger sets and most of the marvel, DC.

Trouble is my son and I broke the sets up into colour coordinated tubs but I now see the downside to that as I am slowly trying to put the sets back together.

I will take the advice given already and watch this space:)

16 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

OK. So where to start. Are these new and boxed? Did you buy with a view to selling or are they a collection?

To get a value, stick them all into your Brickfolio and take it from there....

15 hours ago, bigfanofnu said:

AFOL without a clue, but somehow you found the forum.....Did you look around at all?

the forum was the easy part!! lol

8 minutes ago, waynew said:

hi again guys,

I will attach a few pics of some of the sets I have as I am still sorting moving boxes out!

I have also started the job of inputting the sets onto the brickfolio :)

IMG_6329.JPG

also wont let me upload files:/

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG

Edited by waynew

6 hours ago, waynew said:

Hi guys

they are all my own sets that I have purchased over the last 10 years from brand new.

most of them don't have boxes apart from the bigger sets and most of the marvel, DC.

Trouble is my son and I broke the sets up into colour coordinated tubs but I now see the downside to that as I am slowly trying to put the sets back together.

I will take the advice given already and watch this space:)

This answers it for me:  I would sell in bulk.  Might be worth looking into values of individual minifigures, but we will all be dead by the time you successfully put back together 300 sets.

Edited by carini26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carini26 said:

This answers it for me:  I would sell in bulk.  Might be worth looking into values of individual minifigures, but we will all be dead by the time you successfully put back together 300 sets.

I like a challenge! lol.....even the minifigures have randomised bodies now:/

30 minutes ago, waynew said:

I like a challenge! lol.....even the minifigures have randomised bodies now:/

I agree with @carini26 Unless you have some really rare exclusives, it's not going to be worth the time to piece them all together again. There will inevitably be missing parts and there are no boxes so a bulk sale sounds the simplest way to do it.