75251 - Darth Vader's Castle

exciter1

58 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

What's the likelihood of a set like this being reproduced?  To me it seems very unlikely unless we see it show up in future Star Wars media.  Any guesses as to what the ceiling could be on a set like this in a couple years?  Roughly 45 sellers on Amazon between the two listings that come up when searched for and 100 listing on ebay.  As those numbers dwindle could we see $300+?

I doubt it's remade, but $300 is probably too low of a ceiling for this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I doubt it's remade, but $300 is probably too low of a ceiling for this.

Id say the danger here isnt of a remake but rather of amazon having a bazillion of these on the way akin to the awings that they stockpiled for 14 months already past retirement with no end in sight. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Id say the danger here isnt of a remake but rather of amazon having a bazillion of these on the way akin to the awings that they stockpiled for 14 months already past retirement with no end in sight. 

These days, it's probably the case with just about every set. Just gotta hope for a quick sell through. But, being an "exclusive" helps a little bit.

Edited by iahawks550
  • Like 1

so there is concept art for Vader's Castle in the Obi Wan Series

Its likely it will be featured in my opinion

they may make a cheaper throne room some day. or even a ucs of this set but chances of another set like this at this size s very low

also I dont thank amazon will have many and as of now its gone

I love the set

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/obi-wan-kenobi-leaked-trailer

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

so there is concept art for Vader's Castle in the Obi Wan Series

Its likely it will be featured in my opinion

they may make a cheaper throne room some day. or even a ucs of this set but chances of another set like this at this size s very low

also I dont thank amazon will have many and as of now its gone

I love the set

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/obi-wan-kenobi-leaked-trailer

It's still available at rrp on Amazon with a March 3 delivery date. Not in the buy-box but under other sellers. Limit 20. Looks like Amazon is getting another delayed container. So the concern that it will be in stock forever seems somewhat warranted. See A-wing and Creeper Mine.

40 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

It's still available at rrp on Amazon with a March 3 delivery date. Not in the buy-box but under other sellers. Limit 20. Looks like Amazon is getting another delayed container. So the concern that it will be in stock forever seems somewhat warranted. See A-wing and Creeper Mine.

Thanks. Picked up my 20.

9 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Are you sure about that price point being there for that long? I thought it was a special offer unless I missed something 

I think it came and went came and went...

I guess I am exaggerating, but that's the price I considered as it's "real price" since it was available so readily. It's moot now, but for resellers eyeing it; they had ample opportunities over the years to get it at that price on amazon.

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I musta been sleeping, it was that discounted on amazon regularly?

no it was hardly ever discounted and even then only  to $115 for any length of time.  cybermonday weekend 2019 there was a lightning sale for $77.  

image.thumb.png.4ec7e8de3f23cd2e08637aabcc1d22cf.png

this set is featured prominently in the 2021 halloween star wars lego special on disney+.  every year kids will watch that halloween special and want this set.

• Like 4

no it was hardly ever discounted and even then only  to $115 for any length of time.  cybermonday weekend 2019 there was a lightning sale for $77.  
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_02/image.thumb.png.4ec7e8de3f23cd2e08637aabcc1d22cf.png

this set is featured prominently in the 2021 halloween star wars lego special on disney+.  every year kids will watch that halloween special and want this set.

Exactly, this set wasn't discounted nearly as much as some would have you believe.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cladner said:

image.thumb.png.4ec7e8de3f23cd2e08637aabcc1d22cf.png

I stand corrected.  My perception was apparently not the reality.