Forma 2019 - Indiegogo Fish Project

5 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

My mistake. I must have forgotten what the price was when I purchased. They're now doing referral offers - so still a sign these are struggling.

Tough to say if this is meeting their expectations or not.  Price seems high and I think that has put some people off.  This might do better once the actual product is out and people can see it or read reviews.  Indiegogo may have put some people off too, you pay and don't get the product for several months.

They've had a couple updates.  Files can be downloaded for custom skins.

https://www.lego.com/r/www/r/aboutus/-/media/aboutus/media-assets-library/products/lego-forma/2018/koi-blank.pdf?l.r=-1123353887

https://www.lego.com/r/www/r/aboutus/-/media/aboutus/media-assets-library/products/lego-forma/2018/shark-blank.pdf?l.r=-1181275087

Here is there new connector element.

These are looking like a fail for Lego. Plenty left and they've cut the price by 22%. For those who 'purchased' early - what do we get charged? The original or reduced price?

Dont think its a fail. The goal I think was to try different ways to release sets (not to mass produce a stinker). Big success in that this wasn't as popular and they won't lose money producing too many sets. They can move on to the next thing that is a winner

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

This is LEGO branching out in to something totally new that they should've done years ago. I can see this theme being the biggest success in years. I personally don't like it, but people are so sick of seeing same-old-same-old that they need a totally new idea, this is it!

There's a lot of money to be made me thinks. Being a sign-maker, I can print any skin I want to any shape ?

0.3mm  Viprint would be a good material to print on as I can also MOC and sell those too. The possibilities are endless and it doesn't have to be fish.

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Just got an email. The some of the skins were water damaged on their way to the US, so they are inspecting each one for quality control. Not sure if that means they are opening each set or not. Sounds like it was a small amount, not all of them, so orders should be arriving by mid February.

How does a fish take water damage?

image.png.cc1b0cf5e9a51f89537329bc4e13b439.png  < Granted, this one is weak to water.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, wegj15 said:

Has anyone in the US got a shipping notice or received this yet? I got nothing.

1 hour ago, Quacs said:

Nothing for my order yet.

They sent out an update stating there are still delays for some US orders, but that they should all be shipped out before the middle of the month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

They sent out an update stating there are still delays for some US orders, but that they should all be shipped out before the middle of the month.

And I only saw them mention that they would only contact the people who's orders were not being shipped in this wave.....so I'm hoping I don't hear from them!