Dots 2020

6 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

For personal? I really want some for my girls just to have them build with. As I was organizing my bricks one day, my 4.5 yo built this very abstract build. (I think it looks like a factory) So I think she will like the tiles with prints on them.

0216201822_HDR.thumb.jpg.954ecf6d7d79465c82860b4d64bc7754.jpg

Very nice! Yes, for personal build, just screwing around. I think there may be some emoji ones I don't want (poop, for instance). If anyone wants to trade, let me know. I think we could get away with folding them into a piece of paper and mailing them in a regular envelope. I'm in the US.

I walked over to Michaels. Online, it said all the Dots stuff was in stock. Turns out, it hadn't been set out yet, but they were willing to grab me two packets of spare Dots from the back. In each pack, I got 20 pink 1/4 tiles, 21 magenta, 21 lime, 21 teal, 21 sparkle blue circles, and 11 printed circles. I wonder why no love for the pink - no spares. Here's a photo of the distribution, and a photo of my first little doodle of making a pattern. The color is off in the photo - the magenta looks like dark red.

I'm not fond of the crying faces or the rainbow poop, so if anyone wants to trade, let me know.

IMG_0103.jpeg

IMG_0104.jpeg

• Like 5

• 8 months later...
Just now, scatmanjack said:

Didn't news come out last week that a Wizarding World Dots set or two was coming later this year?  

Guess it will get shelved at this point?

Yes, the HP set will be the last official DOTS set and then I guess they will just be absorbed into other themes. 

• 2 weeks later...