71043 - Hogwarts Castle

Darth_Raichu

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Still not sure if I like these new format of videos.

The graphic designer lady in the video is annoying.  Especially since the stickers are the worst part of an otherwise nice set.  And not because they are stickers but because the art design is crappy.  A set of this caliber needs sharp, detailed stickers and not amateurish art that looks like it belongs on the front cover of a Trapper Keeper.

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Migration said:

Lego stores have preorder lists 60 deep, supposedly all guaranteed one on day one.

All 60 slots are used up at my local store, but they say there will be extras on hand for release day...

Looks like TLG not risking another MILF release fail  (at least from the buyer standpoint)? Nevertheless “selling out on day-1” looks good for the brand and creates buzz online.

Edited by eliminator

1 hour ago, BRIX23 said:

Speculation on discounts/length of time down the road?   More comparable to 75192 or Disney Castle?  

Given the abundance of great HP sets now available (with more waves coming), I'd say this is more like the Disney Castle. One of the draws for the MILF was how valuable the original was, which made made $800 seem like a bargain. Plus it had the notoriety of being the "biggest set ever released by Lego" and the fact that the Last Jedi about to be released.

While I don't see a discount on HC anytime soon, chances are that it will be in stock during double-VIP points promotions.

• Like 1