71043 - Hogwarts Castle

Darth_Raichu

20 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Thanks, I did end up having luck on the Google machine finding this after I posed the question.  3/4 is right, this is way bigger than I thought it was and with the recent uptick in prices, buying a 2nd set to get many of the parts is a no go anymore unless stock re-emerges afterwards.  Not sure I want to drop over $1000 to finish the castle, but it is an intriguing project.

I agree, it's an amazing rendition but I think the part count is closer to 20k.  That would mean four (4) Hogwarts sets ($1600) + extra pieces to complete this.  If I won the lottery, I would do it in a heartbeat but since I'm not made of money...  I'll appreciate the pictures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I agree, it's an amazing rendition but I think the part count is closer to 20k.  That would mean four (4) Hogwarts sets ($1600) + extra pieces to complete this.  If I won the lottery, I would do it in a heartbeat but since I'm not made of money...  I'll appreciate the pictures.

Based on comments on the files for this beast, it looks like buying extra copies of the set wouldn't even help that much. Predicted cost for parts (beyond a regular 71043) was being predicted around the $1700 mark + shipping. Yikes. Of course, I've spent well over that amount on worse sets, so I guess I can't judge. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got 2 Harry Potter castles in France. One -30℅ for around $300

The other one I had to chose a second set for -50%. Bought the death star and the harry Potter castle. 

Got the castle for - 50 % so around $220

The death star is for my personal collection so don't mind paying the price. 

Need to get more 71043 on sale if I can. I'm sure it's going to be a very good investing set. Probably around $700 a few years after retiring and maybe more after. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:38 AM, julian95 said:

Got 2 Harry Potter castles in France. One -30℅ for around $300

The other one I had to chose a second set for -50%. Bought the death star and the harry Potter castle. 

Got the castle for - 50 % so around $220

The death star is for my personal collection so don't mind paying the price. 

Need to get more 71043 on sale if I can. I'm sure it's going to be a very good investing set. Probably around $700 a few years after retiring and maybe more after. 

from where?

You can find those deals from time to time in France at our local toy shops or shops selling toys which have the collector lego boxes.

In France we usuallly get buy two get the cheapest one - 50% or buy two get one free.

It is actually a good sale for Big collector series because you usually only find them in Lego store

For example you can find this sale in King Jouet or Picwictoys (Before Toys ur us) in France. They usually do the sale 3-4 times a year.

The best toy shop is the King jouet in Paris, they have a lot of nice big boxes there. 

For example they had the UCS millenium falcon and the UCS Imperial star destroyer on sale too. 

They came to around $1150 for the two sets. Didn't have enough cash to buy them but certainly a good deal.

You can't buy them online though but maybe if you came on vacation to France you could purchase them at the same time.

The sale usually lasts 10 days.

Regards

Edited by julian95
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...