The Clone Wars is Back!

KShine

Since the Shelter in place back in  March, my boy and I have been watching for the the first time...we are almost finishing Season 5.  I have been really impressed how the sophistication of the series ups its game season to season.  Sometimes the backlog seems insurmountable: Season 6 and 7 and then SW Rebels, and then SW Resistance...Mandalorian and now this.

I will say the draw to buy LEGO Clone Wars set is really real...watching regularly one can't help but WANT the sets in LEGO form to re-experience the show. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I see it more as double-downing on a bad hand

I think it does scream a little bit of fan service....for prequel meme's (which, by the way, are hilarious right now)

But honestly, I think he was in a strange position; young actor/nobody, filling arguably one of the hardest roles to portray (regarding expectations of the fans) AND having the writing and direction of someone who is a  good storyteller/world builder, but who's writing and directions were hampered by being rusty and longwinded.

In the right hands, especially if Dave Filoni has any say or involvement, I really think he could use this to redeem himself from all of the flack he gets for the prequel movies.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
words

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I think it does scream a little bit of fan service....for prequel meme's (which, by the way, are hilarious right now)

But honestly, I think he was in a strange position; young actor/nobody, filling arguably one of the hardest roles to portray (regarding expectations of the fans) AND having the writing and direction of someone who is a  good storyteller/world builder, but who's writing and directions were hampered by being rusty and longwinded.

In the right hands, especially if Dave Filoni has any say or involvement, I really think he could use this to redeem himself from all of the flack he gets for the prequel movies.

Honestly, he looked the part but failed as an actor...someone fell in love with "the look" early on.

I know they came later, but if Hayden had the benefit of watching a few seasons of Clone Wars...he would have known that Anakin was a grizzled war vet who managed entire fleets...and not JUST a pouty love sick puppy

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I know they came later, but if Hayden George Lucas had the benefit of watching a few seasons of Clone Wars...he would have known that Anakin was a grizzled war vet who managed entire fleets...and not JUST a pouty love sick puppy

Im not really arguing that Ep. II and Ep. III don't do justice to the legacy that is Darth Vader. But George Lucas left a huge gap that had to later be explained because of the bad choices he made in those movies. Working with Dave was probably the best decision he could have made to make The Clone Wars and the other animated series. You should watch Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian if you haven't already. The first episode is great and really explains the vision that Dave helped work with George Lucas to build, and I would say, fill in the appropriate gaps, that you see expressed in the background of Anakin in those series.

On another note, Ive been watching them with my 5 yo daughter. We have only made it through Ep. I and most of Ep. II (in 45 minute spurts). This was at her request and once we finish Ep. II, I do want to watch all the animated ones and try to do this in chronological order.

11 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

That one clone is going for a rather John Rambo look. Also more of this Clone Wars is always welcome even in the midst of general Star Wars franchise fatigue.

I will welcome a period of Star Wars fatigue (it will be much better than our previous period of Star Wars disdain).

• Like 3