Anyone else get a Marvel warning?

Sauromosis

Dear FBA seller,

Please read this email carefully. The listing information described below may affect your ability to sell certain products.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we are implementing approval requirements for Marvel products.

What does this mean for me?
Effective on 2018-06-27, you will need approval to list the affected products. If you do not obtain approval to sell these products prior to 2018-06-27, your listings for these products will be removed. 

Why am I receiving this message? 
You are receiving this message because you have sold affected products in the past. There is no penalty associated with this action. 

How do I seek approval to sell the affected products?
If you would like to seek approval to sell the affected products, complete the following steps to start the application process:
In Seller Central, click the Inventory menu, and then select Add a Product.
Search for the ASIN you want to sell.
In the search results, click the Listing limitations apply link next to the ASIN.
Click the Request Approval button to start the application process.
Can I still use FBA?
Effective on 2018-06-26, only sellers approved to sell the affected products may send shipments of those products to fulfillment centers. 

How will this affect my existing FBA inventory?
If you have remaining inventory of the affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you may continue selling your remaining inventory until 2018-06-27. After 2018-06-27, you either need to (i) obtain approval to continue to sell the affected products or (ii) create a Removal Order for return or disposal of your remaining FBA inventory.

So I deleted some Marvel stuff, and I got this message:

"Thanks for suggesting changes to the catalog. Note that Amazon considers data from all available sources to display the best possible detail pages for our Customers. Your recommendations are being considered. If we accept your suggestions, the changes will be reflected in 15 minutes."

What? I didn't suggest changes to the catalog, did I? I didn't ask for my recommendations to be considered, did I? I only wanted to delete the items from my account.

Well this just blows....I didn't get the message although I've sold marvel on the past... all my listings are currently inactive and have no current inventory in FBA. Is that the consensus here..to delete all marvel listings from our inventory?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I think the consensus ranges from “everybody panic” to “go to bed and see what happens tomorrow”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Guest TabbyBoy

FWIW... I've been warned by several garden equipment and bicycle component manufacturers to NOT sell their items on eBay at below RRP as it "devalues" their brand. The cost me dearly as I wasn't able to compete even though I got the items at 90% via a liquidation sale. I'd could've got rid of the lot at 75% within days, but couldn't list. I had to offload at several boot sales later on at about 40-50%, still profit, but a hell of a faff.

Any company reserves the right to DISALLOW the sale of its branded products by an unofficial partner on any platform whether that be eBay or Amazon. It could only be a matter of time before LEGO enforce this. The ultimate kick up the arse for resellers.

As for Marvel, I've not been warned... yet.

FWIW... I've been warned by several garden equipment and bicycle component manufacturers to NOT sell their items on eBay at below RRP as it "devalues" their brand. The cost me dearly as I wasn't able to compete even though I got the items at 90% via a liquidation sale. I'd could've got rid of the lot at 75% within days, but couldn't list. I had to offload at several boot sales later on at about 40-50%, still profit, but a hell of a faff.
Any company reserves the right to DISALLOW the sale of its branded products by an unofficial partner on any platform whether that be eBay or Amazon. It could only be a matter of time before LEGO enforce this. The ultimate kick up the arse for resellers.
Not a problem for us if LEGO disallows selling below RRP .. It's not our typical strategy :)

52 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

What!? I don't see how that's the case. Once you buy the product, it's yours to do whatever you want with it. The company can't try to ban you from reselling it as it doesn't belong to them anymore. Amazon might cave to these absurd sellers, but I don't believe eBay will. There is just too much money in it for them. Someone should sue Amazon and these companies for the right to resell them. 

2 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

What!? I don't see how that's the case. Once you buy the product, it's yours to do whatever you want with it. The company can't try to ban you from reselling it as it doesn't belong to them anymore. Amazon might cave to these absurd sellers, but I don't believe eBay will. There is just too much money in it for them. Someone should sue Amazon and these companies for the right to resell them. 

Amazon is not stopping you from reselling them, they're stopping you from reselling them on their marketplace.

You have no right to sell on amazon. As far as Tabby’s bike parts are concerned my uneducated guess is he could have sold them for whatever price he wanted, but would have had to list them in a condition other than “new”.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Migration said:

You have no right to sell on amazon. As far as Tabby’s bike parts are concerned my uneducated guess is he could have sold them for whatever price he wanted, but would have had to list them in a condition other than “new”.

Correct, some items cannot be deemed as new if they are pre-owned by a non-distributor or non-retail buyer whether it's been opened or not.