10262 - James Bond Aston Martin DB5

Val-E

Just now, Shewie said:

Push tabs on creator expert line box for 130GBP.

Lego UI/UX department is probably sharing vacancies with their vastly renown "IT" department.

Hey, I prefer the tabs. Those seals work loose on these long term holds!

16 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Hey, I prefer the tabs. Those seals work loose on these long term holds!

"Tabby" boy you have forgot to switch the accounts.

nevertheless tabs are the most pathetic and not user friendly choice of the packaging Lego has ever invented.
seals are much more convenient and easy to store. Push tabs are permanently damaging the box making the box a cat litter compatible instantly after opening.

Licence is coming with the purchase online, so no point of being a part of hordes outside since the licence is not exclusive to that particular store like it was with the Bus.

Edited by Shewie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

At least sign up for the prize:

https://vipsweeps.brandmovers.co/

*winner will receive a ticket among with the unique R2-D2 minifig made of mix of Platinum-Vibranium-Uranium that should be raffled 2 months ago.

11 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

After going inside to check out the finished set... meh... and my ten year old saying it wasn't worth the money as well, we packed it in and went to the National Gallery instead.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

who was there from designers?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

Michael Psiaki from Lego and a guy from Aston Martin (who's name no one seemed to know!).

Looking at the tedious design this could be this dutch guy responsible for London Bus.
No Jamie so no deal.

No way this set was from the blinking dude. He went from designing F40 and Beetles to this? This is outrageous. That's it. I am only getting 37 now. That will show Lego...

Btw, now that I see more images and videos of it, it ain't that bad. Certainly, It's not F40 or Beetles but it's ok. I think the problem was the selection, not so much the design just like Technic Chiron.

7 minutes ago, lebrick said:

No way this set was from the blinking dude. He went from designing F40 and Beetles to this? This is outrageous. That's it. I am only getting 37 now. That will show Lego...

Btw, now that I see more images and videos of it, it ain't that bad. Certainly, It's not F40 or Beetles but it's ok. I think the problem was the selection, not so much the design just like Technic Chiron.

It's funny you say that, I went back to verify and everyone was pretty underwhelmed with F40 when it was announced.  I't not perfect but I like they were able to incorporate the gadgets. They should have just called it Spy Car and saved licensing fees.

On 6/25/2015 at 2:22 AM, hannibal said:

I think this is a missed opportunity.

On 6/25/2015 at 3:17 AM, Ciglione said:

I have to be honoust. When I look at the box I think great! But when I see the picture of it build I am disappointed.

On 6/25/2015 at 3:59 AM, fantomas007 said:

I was looking forward to this set very much, but I am very disappointed. It looks like classic creator set, not exclusive expert set. Too simple, too rough, the roof and the bonnet should be more detailed.

On 6/25/2015 at 8:00 AM, tractorboy said:

It's ok I suppose. I think sometimes it's hard not to be a little underwhelmed with sets like this, when you see some of the amazing MOCS out there.

On 6/25/2015 at 8:16 AM, TheGallows said:

Yep, I definitely don't like it.

On 6/25/2015 at 8:47 AM, Steve Brule said:

Not what I was expecting. Looks more like a kids toy than a proper model like the Mini or Camper Van. I will wait for reviews but right now this does not excite.

On 6/25/2015 at 9:49 AM, lego rules said:

After waiting half a year, I am pretty disappointed. 

On 6/25/2015 at 10:06 AM, Val-E said:

Negatives: I don´t see it having  great reselling  potential as it is a little too much playset for the liking of the AFOL market. It will also probably have a long and well distributed life.

On 6/25/2015 at 10:19 AM, Ed Mack said:

Unfortunately, this set sucks.  There...I said it.  As cool and collectible as the T1 Camper and Mini Cooper are, this set really cheezes out.  It really should be another 400-500 pieces.  If you are going to redo a classic car, then do it right.  Sorry LEGO, this one is a fail.

On 6/25/2015 at 10:55 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I must say that I'm also disappointed and won't be rushing out to buy these in any quantity.

On 6/25/2015 at 1:34 PM, bricketycricket said:

I share the feeling of disappointment over this one.

On 6/25/2015 at 1:45 PM, marcandre said:

Looks like one of the little 3-1 sets blown up. Yup, it sucks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Crazy... There are almost as many queuing as at the original opening. The set might be pants but a crazy first day demand.. 50/50 split on Families with kids and AFOLs.

Mind you, the DB5 on display at the door is not the Bond one - Boring... a56e9c65743cffa6416af7752523880f.jpg

One thing is certain, there will be no lines like this in the United States for this set. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lebrick said:

Wait, I take that back. $180 CND? WT#!$#!@$ 

Edited by lebrick