10262 - James Bond Aston Martin DB5

Val-E

From Gizmodo:

Update: The Hungarian Lego Store website apparently jumped the gun, and accidentally revealed that it is in fact an Aston Martin DB5 that's on the way. The offending page has since been taken down, and there weren't any pictures of the set, but it's nice to know for sure. According to the leak it will cost 49,999 Hungarian Forint (£135, directly converted), and will be initially available on 1st August before going on general sale on 8th August.

• Like 1

O.M.G
this model looks so atrocious, definitely not like advanced model but by 12yr old made MOC.
absolutely zero protrusions on the side body, you can literally Iron your shirts on this model.

I've had some hopes about this CREATOR EXPERT car but this is just beyond disappointment.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Photo of plastic “license to kill” with a picture of a lego db5 car can be found on www already.

IMO, looks good from the image on the license. Will save further judgment for the official model photos.

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shewie said:

O.M.G
this model looks so atrocious, definitely not like advanced model but by 12yr old made MOC.
absolutely zero protrusions on the side body, you can literally Iron your shirts on this model.

I've had some hopes about this CREATOR EXPERT car but this is just beyond disappointment.

Dunno, looks alright to me. Curves aren´t easy to reproduce.

I need to see the rear. The front looks okay, and the hood/bonnet looks to lift up, so maybe there is some good engine detail. But the rear quarter looks kind of wonky. I'm REALLY hoping with the top looking so flat, that there IS an ejector seat function; and that the top is held on by minimal studs. For me, if they add some of the "Bond" features, then its a win and I will buy this for sure.

Here is a handy list of the Bond DB5 features, lets see which ones actually get added...pretty sure the front tag looks to be able to rotate.DB5.jpg

Edited by CosmicSpeed
words and image

4 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Now that they have the license, maybe early access to a 007 Brickhead. ?

A James Bond line would work very well - heck they could make a whole minifig range with all the Bonds, girls and villains.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

A James Bond line would work very well - heck they could make a whole minifig range with all the Bonds, girls and villains.

Lego VP: How can we further leverage the interest of James Bond to continue the momentum?

Lego Asst.VP: We can add some BrickHeadz, some Junior sets, some Duplo sets, some Friends sets and....a minifigure series...

Lego VP: Those are great ideas.... I know you know that these are my ideas from now on, right?

Lego Asst. VP: Yes, you come up with these great ideas.

Lego VP: But adding minifigures like the Bonds' girls required new design and production cost....

Lego Asst. VP: Don't worry, we still have a lot.. I mean, A LOT of unsold inventory of Super Hero Girls minifigures/sets that can be "repurpose"

Lego VP: Great!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zmnnch said:

Lego Asst.VP: We can add some BrickHeadz, some Junior sets, some Duplo sets, some Friends sets and....a minifigure series...

We need Jaws and Oddjob minifigures so we can recreate the most lopsided battle in gaming history, Goldeneye 64. Many Oddjob minifigures will be crushed out of frustration as you'd have to kneel and aim down to hit Oddjob with Jaws.

image.png.5627a2dee3844104fe398ce16a6ce1b4.png

• Like 1

OK but not great. The price point they went for  is awkward. Inflates the piece count to get more detail but in a way that makes the model bulky instead of graceful.

Would probably be a better fit for either Speed Champions or UCS style.

52 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So long as there are dumb folk and reseller scum willing to queue forever to get a limited edition plastic card, they´ll keep making them.

The London Bus plastic cards go for around £25 each.  I would think this would do a bit better as it's has the 007 and Aston Martin logo on it.

1 hour ago, thebrickdad said:

The London Bus plastic cards go for around £25 each.  I would think this would do a bit better as it's has the 007 and Aston Martin logo on it.

All the London PUAs are going to be queueing up for Licensed to Kill cards.

1 hour ago, mizeur said:

OK but not great. The price point they went for  is awkward. Inflates the piece count to get more detail but in a way that makes the model bulky instead of graceful.

Would probably be a better fit for either Speed Champions or UCS style.

1.5KG, which is similar to the VW T1 and less than the London Bus. Probably looking at 1400 pieces or so. Anyone with a shortage of grey cheese slopes and 1x1 tiles should be happy.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Haay said:

This is it!

The BIGGEST turkey to date!

I hope not as I think it's absolutely dreadful and I'd be embarrassed to unveil that PoS to the public. I thought the Delorean was an utter abortion until I saw this. I'm a keen 007 fan, but this ain't going anywhere near my figures and Dinky toys! At least I don't have to make room for any.

LEGO... Fire your designers as well as your CEO, use the bricks from those crap sets to fill our potholes! Why not release that superb IDEAS E-Type instead?

I'm losing faith in this once great toy company fast and I'm so glad that my main focus of attention is now elsewhere.

Edited by TabbyBoy