BrickHeadz - general discussion

Alpinemaps

2 hours ago, cladner said:

How the heck do you know number of unopened vs opened?  Inquiring minds want to know what strain it is.  ?  Still in stock from Jeff b on amazon so I think there’s a few unopened ones left.  

Brick me is prime for remake or a 2.0.  Sort of like Minecraft crafting box.  

Relative dud at buyin anything less than 30% discount.  

Compared to boba fett bhz at msrp starting to go Mickey.  Hope u got some of those 

Me backing away and letting the professionals show how it’s done. 

5F951349-5BF9-4215-B0A7-142CC7BCFEDF.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, cladner said:

How the heck do you know number of unopened vs opened?  Inquiring minds want to know what strain it is.  ?  Still in stock from Jeff b on amazon so I think there’s a few unopened ones left.  

Compared to boba fett bhz at msrp starting to go Mickey.  Hope u got some of those 

In a Morgan Freeman voice 

"And that's when I knew I was way out of their league."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cladner said:

First off...all this is under the premis that BH line is retiring...so them re-making Brick-Me is unlikely under that scenario.

2nd, notice what's different between every other BH and Brick-me? Yes, every other BH is almost set up to be a collectible unopened kept in box like Funko pop; so sealed in box is (and I'm guessing here) likely a very common condition whereas no one (again, I'm guessing) is displaying boxes of Brick-Me on their mantle. I don;t think I need to qualify myself as not an expert;  just making reasonable observations.  Now if you don't think these are reasonable observations then feel free to counter (instead of making this into a pissing contest showing off your wad); because I really would like to know. 

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

First off...all this is under the premis that BH line is retiring...so them re-making Brick-Me is unlikely under that scenario.

2nd, notice what's different between every other BH and Brick-me? Yes, every other BH is almost set up to be a collectible unopened kept in box like Funko pop; so sealed in box is (and I'm guessing here) likely a very common condition whereas no one (again, I'm guessing) is displaying boxes of Brick-Me on their mantle. I don;t think I need to qualify myself as not an expert;  just making reasonable observations.  Now if you don't think these are reasonable observations then feel free to counter (instead of making this into a pissing contest showing off your wad); because I really would like to know. 

I can't understand why LEGO would retire one of their most successful themes ever, so soon after introducing it. There are so many more characters that could be released and it could remain popular for many more years. Do LEGO listen to their customers and take stock of sales figures? I think not. If Brickheadz is done, then why are we seeing the 1:5000 Walmart limited editions? They've most been flying off the shelves in the UK at RRP and I've only seen turkeys like Rey remaining at 75% off.

Even though I think the theme is hideous, I believe the long term collectibility potential on them is huge, which is why I've got at least two of every one (not Comic Cons!), including the Walmart ones that a friend in Fort Mill SC picked up for me last night.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I can't understand why LEGO would retire one of their most successful themes ever, so soon after introducing it. There are so many more characters that could be released and it could remain popular for many more years. Do LEGO listen to their customers and take stock of sales figures? I think not. If Brickheadz is done, then why are we seeing the 1:5000 Walmart limited editions? They've most been flying off the shelves in the UK at RRP and I've only seen turkeys like Rey remaining at 75% off.

Even though I think the theme is hideous, I believe the long term collectibility potential on them is huge, which is why I've got at least two of every one (not Comic Cons!), including the Walmart ones that a friend in Fort Mill SC picked up for me last night.

It´s an enigma. The first 3 waves (2017 and Jan/April 2018) seemed to linger forever (like the SW buildables) then Lego got release diarrhoea and put out about 40 licensed ones in just two quarters, which they could easily have spun out over three years.

Now they have changed to a Mixels type production run but with limited distribution.

Makes you wonder what would have happened to the SW Buildable figures if they had made some of them D2cs......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

i thought the premise was that you knew that proportion of go brick me sets in circulation that had been already opened up and played with.

i must have misread the post.

premise of the brickheadz theme's demise at the end of 2018 has already been disproven with the release of  new sets in January 2019 and now 4 new LEGO movie bhz in February 2019. 

go brick me has  ok demand.  46 sellers sales  rank 429, better than most bhz but still not that great.

the most intriguing thing about gobrickme  is that amazon still has it in stock and is able to sell it for $1.99 over msrp .same with walmart.

maybe there is more gas in the tank than i can appreciate which likely has to do with parting out.

no pi$$ing contest - just putting money where mouth is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i thought the premise was that you knew that proportion of go brick me sets in circulation that had been already opened up and played with.

i must have misread the post.

premise of the brickheadz theme's demise at the end of 2018 has already been disproven with the release of  new sets in January 2019 and now 4 new LEGO movie bhz in February 2019. 

go brick me has  ok demand.  46 sellers sales  rank 429, better than most bhz but still not that great.

the most intriguing thing about gobrickme  is that amazon still has it in stock and is able to sell it for $1.99 over msrp .same with walmart.

maybe there is more gas in the tank than i can appreciate which likely has to do with parting out.

no pi$$ing contest - just putting money where mouth is.

fair enough.  I wasn't trying to say Brick-Me will be the most popular BH; but IF BHz line retires...and IF BHz becomes a bonafide collectible...and long after that (5 yrs or more)...a sealed Brick-me set could become very rare. I guess I should have been more clear about my points.

I 100% agree that of the non-limited characters...my vote is Boba Fett being the most popular Star Wars (heck it was my first BHz set to purchase that got me "into them")...I have little doubt your investment in him will pay off. Of the mainstream;  Right now the Mice are the standard. As the situation with these recent 5k exclusives sort out, maybe it changes the landscape of the BHz market (pulled a lot of folks off the sidelines so a lot of buzz)...just a lot of uncertainty currently...which leads to all the speculation discussion....which I enjoy.

1 hour ago, cladner said:

From what i remember of the "rumors"...2019 was supposed to be the last run of BHz..so the new sets do not necessarily debunk the rumors. The only action by LEgo that supports the rumors appear to be the sudden retiring of most of them and short runs of recent sets like the mice.

How I feel generally about BHz is they are very similar to Funko POp in that the valuable ones are a few select characters (for one reason or another) and the rest is junk...but IF the BHz lines completely retires...everyone has the potential to appreciate due to completionists...and that's what got me thinking about Brick-Me sets...since a competionist who keep all their BHzs sealed ...is going to want a sealed Brick-Me set...eventually. 

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just to proof not all Brickheadz sets are easy winners :drag:

For sure.  I don't have many of the Leia set, but DID think it would be a 2x investment easily after seeing what others were starting to do.  Her minifigures have always held good value as well which further strengthened my belief that her Brickhead would be a hit.  So far, that has not been the case.  That said, only a few of these have really shot out of the gate due to seemingly high numbers manufactured. (See Series 1)

I don't see the seasonal ones ever really having much of a market, but do think the licensed BHz will do well down the line if they don't start the remake process with them which I think is almost a guarantee if they keep making them.