I NEED HELP!!

I would say for me there is a large element of nostalgia involved, for some reason LEGO is the ONE product that brings back the most vivid memories as a kid. It allows people of all ages to create practically ANYTHING.

I also really admire the infrastructure they have created as a "building block" system. It is seemingly a perfect balance between minimalism and detail that has me loving everything they create. Couple that with popular themes / pop culture and you have a recipe that just works and drives a collector insane trying to fulfill their collection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lawsonsteven said:

Hey guys! I am a college student conducting a marketing research project about LEGO products. I thought it a good idea to try and figure out what drives people to collect these products. I would appreciate any input. Even the smallest comment could help drastically. Thanks

As well as much of the above mentioned by the other members, I also get great pleasure from starting out with a big pile of bits & seeing the final product gradually take shape & eventually emerge.Plus clicking Lego bricks together is extremely satisfying as a habit in it's self. :) 

An addiction for me.

For most people I would say the oppertunity to build their own world much like mineraft/roboblox.

The second driver to look at is that Lego is seen as educational by most parents who will buy it because education guru's tell them to develop childrens creativity. The third relating to parents is that some buy their kids more traditional toys to try to replace screen time.

• Like 1

Watch the movie "The Lego Brickumetary". You will get a good sense of why anyone has their specific passion for Lego.

My personal fav is when Trey Parker said (paraphrase): "There's just a sense of calmness and euphoria in following step by step the instructions of building something awesome."

image.png.8645e3aea81b77eab0685beaab34dc9b.png

3 hours ago, lawsonsteven said:

Hey guys! I am a college student conducting a marketing research project about LEGO products. I thought it a good idea to try and figure out what drives people to collect these products. I would appreciate any input. Even the smallest comment could help drastically. Thanks

Lego are savvy enough to put just enough new parts, new coloured parts or minifigs in each set to keep people coming back for more. And we are suckers that always need one more part or minfig.