71022 - Minifigures - Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Series 1

Alpinemaps

I cleaned out a WM of $1 HP figures after having a crap Kmart experience (ordered the new 60202 Outdoor Adventures and they gave me something completely different and didn't have 60202 instore). Got 18 of them. The first one I smoonched was Percival Graves. Still only have 13 of 22, and 7 duplicates. I guess I'll sell the Percival to pay for the rest (I haven't even seen Fantastic Beasts). 

3 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I don't see singles going up in any of these anymore.  Only difference with these and maybe even the last series will be with the short print possibly keeping sealed case value up.  Singles themselves very rarely come back from early on shortages. 

When you say "singles" do you mean singles minifigs? Or a single set of 22?

I am more thinking if its even worth it to build a couple sets of these and set away... thats my dilemma. I mean if I had a Walmart near me at a $1 a figure of course I would, but mine all stay at retail. SO I guess only hope is to find a discounted case, or try and pick them off at random sales.

Seems like a lot of trouble though for very little profit. Shame too, I was excited for the hunt! haha

13 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

When you say "singles" do you mean singles minifigs? Or a single set of 22?

I am more thinking if its even worth it to build a couple sets of these and set away... thats my dilemma. I mean if I had a Walmart near me at a $1 a figure of course I would, but mine all stay at retail. SO I guess only hope is to find a discounted case, or try and pick them off at random sales.

Seems like a lot of trouble though for very little profit. Shame too, I was excited for the hunt! haha

Yes single minifigs.  Sets of 22 with the short print should hold up over time.  Sealed cases should for those that never get the short print.  

Did some smooshing at Barnes and Noble today. Awkward because they put the box right by the registers, but the lady was fine with it as long as I found her a dumbledore.

Went 6/6 in terms of finding (x2) Luna Lovegood, (x2) Potter with Invisibility Cloaks and (x2) Credence.

Box was half gone when I found it so didn't have high hopes. I thought I got lucky and felt the two hairpieces of Percival....but I got "Moody-ied"

LOL ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Did some smooshing at Barnes and Noble today. Awkward because they put the box right by the registers, but the lady was fine with it as long as I found her a dumbledore.

Went 6/6 in terms of finding (x2) Luna Lovegood, (x2) Potter with Invisibility Cloaks and (x2) Credence.

Box was half gone when I found it so didn't have high hopes. I thought I got lucky and felt the two hairpieces of Percival....but I got "Moody-ied"

LOL ?

Getting Slapped by the Moody Staff ===||===============  BAM!!

• Haha 1

Ran into one of our crappier wal-marts (bad area of town) and was pleasantly surprised to find a TON of sets on clearance. Then I head to the Lego isle, lo and behold a freshly opened box of HP figs. The entire left row had been taken out and was scattered across the shelf below. To my dismay, I figured someone had already searched.

There was a single lonely bag left in that left row. I decided to take a chance, and gave it the old handsy violation.....and what was it? None other than the ultra rare Percival!

Got the dude, only had to even touch one bag. Score!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MinifiguresPlus said:

We now have a limited quantity on hand for those who did not get to pre-order and are still wanting to buy (or for those who just want another box or set).

Unfortunately these did cost us, but here are the prices:

Box = $229
Set of 22 = $114

Message sent.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71022 - Minifigures - Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Series 1
  • TheOrcKing unpinned this topic