Your investing moves of 2017 - the good and bad

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

Started with 52. I'm down to 30. Local Facebook sales have been a decent platform to move these on, granted I'm only making $5-$10 on each one. 

PM me with a good price (shipped to VA) for the remaining lot, and I would actually buy them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A bit new to this and just wondering why Jokerland ended up doing so well? Does this mean Joker Manor will do well? 

I got lucky on Jokerland. Bought four @ $99 ea earlier this year from another seller and flipped them for $200 at xmas. The boxes were beat up and had $35 Walmart clearance stickers on them which was interesting. I don’t usually flip sets like this but it ended up being a profitable decision.

Fingerlings were stressful and way too much work. I was glad to see those gone.

Is Vader 75111 really such a bust for everyone? I got mine at £8 each. Pretty sure lots of others did too. Got to be some money in that? Yes the remake is coming by that's RRP £35. Got to be those who will want the old one for say £15-20?

I unloaded mine before this new one was going to appear as coming soon. Yes I made money because I got them for $5, but it took forever to get rid of them. Took 4 months just to sell one.

In  my local Market (Mexico) I sold a lot of Mystery machines for 50-60 USD bought them for 20 locally as well...

Lots of Dr. Stange in December I bought them for $20 and they were sold for 60-65 USD....

Also I flipped 3 USC MF, for $1550 USD each , no fees involved....

And in the US I sold Four 4000015 at an average of $800 each and buy in.... was ridiculously low....

Also in the US I sold like 45 4002016 for an average of $260 and also buy was ridiculous low ....

My regrets.... 

Pretty much everything Star Wars .......

Edited by boliramirez

The losing trend was seeing lots of Lego prices on Amazon drop rather than rise during the holidays.

What do you attribute this to? More resellers..more quantities shipped in, or just less demand?

I think on some sets the time to sell was at least 2 to 3 months before the xmas season influx of supply.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LegoBro said:

What do you attribute this to? More resellers..more quantities shipped in, or just less demand?

I think on some sets the time to sell was at least 2 to 3 months before the xmas season influx of supply.

I think at Xmas the impatient like to dump their stock. My popular sets (wall-e, scooby doo) stopped selling due to undercutters before black friday and didn't move again until 10th December. The good news hopefully is that if they got rid, only the sensible are left and fewer sellers should see prices rise. 

• Like 1