New to Lego... Please help !

AlexTheCat

Hey all, I am new to lego and I am in my early 40's.

I would like to build skyscrappers and would like to order the bricks that I need and not buy colourful lego sets.

Do you guys have any tips on where to start and what to do ?

Should I build using 1x4 or 2x4 ? What is the most economical way to build skyscrapers ? What's the most intelligent and cost efficient way to build with windows ?

Thank you for your time

If you're just getting into lego and want to try out some of the cool building techniques, try one of the Creator Modular sets. If you don't want to shell out for a new one quite yet, check used versions. These models tend to use unique building technique; last thing you want is to spend a bunch on bricks and then have a building with no variation in texture.

• Like 1

There’s a couple of MOC threads with lots of pics. Find one you like and find out more about it. A lot of the architects have websites where they teach their techniques.
The Creator tip CosmicSpeed Gabe makes sense too. Especially if you’re a beginner.

There’s a MOC of the twin towers that you can probably find. If that’s the scale you’re looking for.

• 3 weeks later...