Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

A huge fail if there is in fact a CMF Harry Potter line and they don't have someone from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.  Those torso pieces will be wanted by tons of people.  Having figures like the Gray Lady but not someone like Cedric Diggory makes no sense.  I'm sure this list is a wild guess for the most part, but a lot of figures nobody needs, like a 3rd Hooch figure, would be disappointing. Outside of the potential Cloud City, the new Harry Potter stuff is what I have the most anticipation for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

A huge fail if there is in fact a CMF Harry Potter line and they don't have someone from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.  Those torso pieces will be wanted by tons of people.  Having figures like the Gray Lady but not someone like Cedric Diggory makes no sense.  I'm sure this list is a wild guess for the most part, but a lot of figures nobody needs, like a 3rd Hooch figure, would be disappointing. Outside of the potential Cloud City, the new Harry Potter stuff is what I have the most anticipation for.

Buy the transfers.

7 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I'm sure this list is a wild guess for the most part, but a lot of figures nobody needs, like a 3rd Hooch figure, would be disappointing. 

Lego would never do anything like that. I mean, that would be like issuing Batman CMF series 2 with the 3rd version of Killer Moth.  

• Haha 1

On 2017-08-21 at 7:21 PM, CM4Sci said:

We're guaranteed one Express and a Hogwarts. There's so much HP stuff to make into sets but we just keep getting the same sets.

Maybe we'll get a better Hagrid, too.

Certainly buying the express, I already have the 2011 Hogwarts so there is no point in getting the new one for me unless it's really good

Maybe they’ll keep the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw torsos exclusively for the D2C Hogwarts. It seems impossible that they could leave them out of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Where is the offical release then?

I’m sure it’ll be any day now. Numerous sources have confirmed sets appear in the catalog released at the Germany Toy Show this weekend.

I cannot confirm nor deny whether I have viewed that catalog, and seen photos or “confidential” white boxes with set numbers (but no set names).

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I cannot confirm nor deny whether I have viewed that catalog, and seen photos or “confidential” white boxes with set numbers (but no set names).

heey.. you are just like that guy from Mission Impossible ( " i can neither deny nor confirm  details of any operation without the Secretary's approval. ")

.. so my question is.. who is the Secretary General  over here ? :D

Edited by crayxlp
duplicate "details"

• 4 weeks later...
NEW from LEGO® Harry Potter 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall 878 pieces | $99.99 USD | $129.99 CAD | Available August 1, 2018 Welcome to magical adventures at the Great Hall at Hogwarts!

Build and recreate magical scenes from the Harry Potter movies with this detailed 4-level LEGO Hogwarts Great Hall play set, featuring a fireplace, benches, tables and reversible house banners, plus a tower with a spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, sorting hat, Mirror of Erised and lots of assorted magical artefact accessory elements. Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.

Includes 10 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick, plus buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, and Hedwig and Scabbers figures. Features the buildable Great Hall and a tower. The Great Hall features tables, head table with seats, fireplace, 2 reversible house banners and 4 ‘floating’ candles, food (turkey leg, ice cream and a small cake) brooms, trophy cup and a teapot The 4-level tower features movable Grand Staircase spiral steps at its base, potions room, treasure room with chest and a turret featuring the Mirror of Erised with changeable pictures and roosting spot for Fawkes. Also includes a boat with hanging lantern. Place the pupils in the boat and sail to Hogwarts Castle. Help Hermione and Susan create magical potions. Feast in the Great Hall, then use the sorting hat to select the pupils’ houses! Welcome the new students with Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. Use the magic wands to pitch Harry against Draco in the Dueling Club! Swoop Fawkes into battle and help Harry battle the giant Basilisk serpent. Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture. Turn Quirinus Quirrell into Lord Voldemort by rotating his head! Recreate iconic scenes from the Harry Potter movies. Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider. Build even bigger adventures and combine with 75953 Whomping Willow. Hogwarts Great Hall measures over 14” (37cm) high, 6” (17cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Val-E said:
NEW from LEGO00ae.png Harry Potter 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall 878 pieces | $99.99 USD | $129.99 CAD | Available August 1, 2018 Welcome to magical adventures at the Great Hall at Hogwarts!

Build and recreate magical scenes from the Harry Potter movies with this detailed 4-level LEGO Hogwarts Great Hall play set, featuring a fireplace, benches, tables and reversible house banners, plus a tower with a spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, sorting hat, Mirror of Erised and lots of assorted magical artefact accessory elements. Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.

Includes 10 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick, plus buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, and Hedwig and Scabbers figures. Features the buildable Great Hall and a tower. The Great Hall features tables, head table with seats, fireplace, 2 reversible house banners and 4 ‘floating’ candles, food (turkey leg, ice cream and a small cake) brooms, trophy cup and a teapot The 4-level tower features movable Grand Staircase spiral steps at its base, potions room, treasure room with chest and a turret featuring the Mirror of Erised with changeable pictures and roosting spot for Fawkes. Also includes a boat with hanging lantern. Place the pupils in the boat and sail to Hogwarts Castle. Help Hermione and Susan create magical potions. Feast in the Great Hall, then use the sorting hat to select the pupils’ houses! Welcome the new students with Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall. Use the magic wands to pitch Harry against Draco in the Dueling Club! Swoop Fawkes into battle and help Harry battle the giant Basilisk serpent. Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture. Turn Quirinus Quirrell into Lord Voldemort by rotating his head! Recreate iconic scenes from the Harry Potter movies. Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider. Build even bigger adventures and combine with 75953 Whomping Willow. Hogwarts Great Hall measures over 14” (37cm) high, 6” (17cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.

I could really imagine that this set is fitting into the center of the new Hogwarts DC set...

3 hours ago, John82 said:
BOOM

Note the bricks with holes on the side. I'm guessing other sets are going to connect to make a larger castle. In other words: YEAH BABY!! 

Edit:only now see the description which mentions this fact. No further guessing required. Day one purchase here ....

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Maybe but folk had plenty of warning and plenty of time to sell.

Same with the UCS MF and Taj Mahal, it doesn't pay to hold for long these days. I aim to offload when RRP is reached (1.5x for Saturn V, WoN & DB) which still provides me with a fantastic margin. I'm now glad I sold my modular Fire Brigades, Haunted Houses and SSDs when I did as their prices have dropped since. The new HP theme will be well overhoarded so I've already set my max buy-in at 0.5x RRP ;-)

I am also very curious of the market potential of this line now that the movies are 10+ years behind us... Fantastic Beasts generated as much momentum as a rampaging snail (some of the associated sets are still the only one available at -50% off on LEGO Shop at Home) so this is entirely new territory even for TLG. Star Wars could generate momentum from 1999-2014 because a) it's the greatest merchandising franchise of all time and b ) it had PT and Clone Wars to keep the attention. What will happen here is anyone's guess...