Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

A lot will have to do with the minifigure selection they put in the various sets.   I see the D2C having the most affect on 4842 as you will be able to get a better version of the castle for the same as current New prices.  That will knock it down a peg.  If we're truly getting a Great Hall, I'm not sure that will mess with much as there isn't anything it's directly rehashing.  The Ford set won't mess with anything outside of maybe Privot Drive and if you're still sitting on those you are a certified hoarder.  If it is simply the Whomping Willow scene it will be gold for anyone wanting to add that to their castle.  The Aragog set may mess with Forbidden Forest, but only if we see similar figures.

The great thing about many of the Harry Potter sets is that they aren't adversaries to each other, but can be used in conjunction so much better than other themes to add onto your castle.  The early versions did a great job of this giving you many of the different rooms.  If the new D2C has a basement and includes a Basilisk/Chamber of Secrets it could be really freaking cool.  I should probably curb my enthusiasm, however.

• Like 2

The price on the D2C will be really interesting to see. I just built 4842 this weekend, and at 1200 pieces they really could do a lot if they merely doubled the piece count and expanded the rooms. Multiple levels would be cool, but not holding out hope for that. I am anticipating a playset with a more elaborate exterior and more depth from front to back to allow for some expanded rooms.

Spoiler (lol) - for the Great Hall, doesn't Harry's final duel with Voldemort end up there? A final duel sort of set would be cool, they haven't done that I believe (I don't have all of the old HP sets memorized).

48 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Spoiler (lol) - for the Great Hall, doesn't Harry's final duel with Voldemort end up there? A final duel sort of set would be cool, they haven't done that I believe (I don't have all of the old HP sets memorized).

Depends whether TLG is using the movies or books for inspiration.  I believe you're correct that in the book, the final showdown takes place in the Great Hall.  But in the movie, weren't they in some courtyard outside the castle?

1 minute ago, Dr Jedi said:

Depends whether TLG is using the movies or books for inspiration.  I believe you're correct that in the book, the final showdown takes place in the Great Hall.  But in the movie, weren't they in some courtyard outside the castle?

Correct ,

book was in the Great Hall infront Of everyone and LV dies a normal death 

movie : outside , solo, disintegrating     crap. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, buidee said:

I not worried at all.  Well actually, I started selling my Harry Potter sets when I first heard rumors of the new Harry Potter sets for 2018.  These are my sets with boxes, I actually have tons without boxes.  But by mid summer, I should have sold all of my Harry Potter inventory.  

Wow - As a crazy person myself - Trust me when I say that you are nuts!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, buidee said:

I not worried at all.  Well actually, I started selling my Harry Potter sets when I first heard rumors of the new Harry Potter sets for 2018.  These are my sets with boxes, I actually have tons without boxes.  But by mid summer, I should have sold all of my Harry Potter inventory.  

Ok.  I hate you.  Seriously, like, my envious hate for you is strong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, KShine said:

Yes - but it does help to make you think about what LEGO might be able to do (if a $500 set is in play).

Absolutely! The inside looks a lot like something Lego could do. The outside looks fantastic as well (although Lego would probably use multiple colours of pieces mixed together to make it less dull... maybe including the grey piece that looks like bricks, probably most notably used in Helm's Deep).

Mind you, the outside would look less plain with some of the characters on the outside as well, so who knows. This moc is awesome though... I sure as heck want it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WannabePlatypus said:

I managed to pick up a sealed Hogwarts 4867 today for only $50. Can't decide whether to keep a while or flip now. Nice mf selection should keep its value but I'm a real novice and don't know much.

Sell it, and roll the profits into another deal.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BigBrickFanatic said:

I hope they make a reasonably priced set with the Ford Anglia..the other two are way to expensive it seems

Don't worry.  These will probably be 20% off out of the gate and there should be opportunities to get them for 30-50% off at Target, Walmart, B&N, etc.

CM list:

Harry Potter – Accessories: cloak, sorting hat
Ron Weasley – Accessories: cloak, frog, sweets
Hermione Granger – Accessories: cloak, wand, book
James Potter – Accessory: Golden Snitch, broom, Quidditch robes
Lily Potter – Accessory: baby with scar on forehead
Fred Weasley – Accessories: Marauder’s Map, fireworks
George Weasley
Vernon Dursley – Accessories: shotgun
Petunia Dursley – Accessory: letter
Dudley Dursley in Pajamas – Accessories: cake, pig tail
Rolanda Hooch – Accessories: broom, whistle
Unknown
Bloody Baron
Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington (Nearly Headless Nick)
Gray Lady
Fat Friar
Moaning Myrtle – Accessory: Tom Riddle’s diary
Unknown
Sirius Black – Accessories: Dog
Unknown

• Thanks 1

CM list:
George Weasley
Unknown
Bloody Baron
Gray Lady
Fat Friar
Unknown
Unknown

As long as Trelawney, Umbridge, Moody, and Bellatrix are not on the list I am happy!

I saw this list on Brick Fan earlier tonight.  I'll be surprised if it's accurate.  Way too many obscure characters.  No bad guys (so far), and no teachers except Hooch?  I fully believe there's a CMF series coming with that D2C Hogwarts, but I think it will have a few more common characters (Dumbledore, Snape, Voldemort, ?Malfoy) as well as possibly multiple versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few Fantastic Beasts figures infiltrate this series.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

I saw this list on Brick Fan earlier tonight.  I'll be surprised if it's accurate.  Way too many obscure characters.  No bad guys (so far), and no teachers except Hooch?  I fully believe there's a CMF series coming with that D2C Hogwarts, but I think it will have a few more common characters (Dumbledore, Snape, Voldemort, ?Malfoy) as well as possibly multiple versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see a few Fantastic Beasts figures infiltrate this series.

The bad HP guys will appear in CM2

On 1/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, mauro23 said:

CM list:

George Weasley
Unknown
Bloody Baron
Gray Lady
Fat Friar
Unknown
Unknown

A lot of these characters seem to be prominently from the first two films. If that's true, I feel like the figure under Hooch will be Gilderoy Lockhart. Especially as the set leaks seem to resemble those two movies as well.

• Like 1