70618 - Destiny's Bounty

HandyHand

4 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

No but there is a CREATOR PIRATE SHIP WITH BRICK BUILT SAILS. Yuck.

First thing I thought of was that newer Minecraft set with brick built sails... I'll wait to see pics but brick built sails just sounds heavy and thick, the exact opposite of what is needed in a sail.

• 2 months later...

There is no comparison to the amount of detail 70618 has, It’s an amazing ship. The new one 71705 seems a much watered down version for the price. It would be a good consolation for those that missed out the bigger version last year. I am glad I held on my 70618.

Edited by siddji
  • Like 1

No comparison to 10618. The new one is a nice little set but no comparison in my opinion. Looks like a $100 set to me. Anyone know if they have mentioned price point?

This new one and 10618 would be a great fleet pair together. 

Edited by Gonkalin

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

That new one is not a patch on 70618. Not a patch.

Speaking of which, the price is on the rise on ebay recently.

Have people starting selling or still waiting?

I feel like it'll go higher.

it's easily a $300 set....include shipping and most sold listings are already there.

Name any full size ship that didn't peak $300...and this one is special and highly unique

2 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

That new one is not a patch on 70618. Not a patch.

Speaking of which, the price is on the rise on ebay recently.

Have people starting selling or still waiting?

I feel like it'll go higher.

It'll keep going. This is one of those sets that was a true no-brainer, especially for us in the UK given the low RRP. Unfortunately I only have 4 due to a lack of space, but I'd have bought dozens when they were £50 - £60 if I could have.

20 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

It'll keep going. This is one of those sets that was a true no-brainer, especially for us in the UK given the low RRP. Unfortunately I only have 4 due to a lack of space, but I'd have bought dozens when they were £50 - £60 if I could have.

Yep, it really is such a great set. I picked up a couple from Argos at 49.99 but, like you, couldn't really take any more due to space.

Edited by Lego Benito

• 7 months later...

I know the name is the same but I don't consider it a remake as it's a totally different ship design. It's in the same family, yes it is. But completely different ship. And it would compliment the original. With a discount and nearing retirement I would consider it a great buy. Just my 2 cents...   Ships have always done well in my experience. They are not huge winners but you can normally pretty easily double you money or more.

Edited by Gonkalin

"they fly now?" 

"They fly now"

LEGO has been doing all sorts of things w/ the "Destiny Bounty"

It runs on Land and now it flies.  I don't watch the toons so no clue if its consistent with the show.  Anyway, I am sure fans of the show and LEGO will want the variants as the "ship" has been a staple for the Ninjago line for the past decade (Happy Anniversary Ninjago...I too want the golden Wu).

10 years...Ninjago has had remarkable staying power. LEGO hit it out of the park. 

• Like 1