Thoughts on LEGO Exclusive VIP Minifigure Keychain 4644591 Limited Edition

To get the keychain you had to spend $500 or more as a VIP. In US 40000 keychains will be given

Good to know. I bought a Arkham Asylum at lego store but haven't submitted receipt to get my points or VIP Status yet. No rush if it wouldn't qualify me for keychain anyways, otherwise I would make sure to do it by end of day.

I was told that the requirements were to have made 5 purchases and spent over $500 in the past 365 days. I exceeded that by a great deal and didn't receive one of these. Maybe it's still on the way. If I don't get one, I will be a little annoyed. I know someone else who was over the minimums and didn't get one either. Don't say your criteria is "x" and then not give them to everyone who meets it. If it is more of a random thing, just say that.

I was told that the requirements were to have made 5 purchases and spent over $500 in the past 365 days. I exceeded that by a great deal and didn't receive one of these. Maybe it's still on the way. If I don't get one, I will be a little annoyed. I know someone else who was over the minimums and didn't get one either. Don't say your criteria is "x" and then not give them to everyone who meets it. If it is more of a random thing, just say that.

i have easily met those requirements. I guess we still have a week before Valentines day.

I'm in the middle of the U.S., and have yet to receive one. By the guidelines, I should easily qualify as I spent several thousand this last year at LEGO Shop at Home, but never at a retail Lego store, so who knows. I'm not dying to have one and won't buy one, but it's the principle of it right now. To avoid problems, Lego should just have yearly award systems for purchasing. If you spend X amount during a calendar year, you qualify for X prize. If you spend more, you get a cooler gift, and so on. It would just be a nice perk and would probably get them more retail sales as opposed to everybody buying from TRU, Amazon, or Walmart, but who knows. It doesn't have to be something amazing, but look at the craze going on about this red minifig that cost them 5 cents each to make.

• 1 month later...

As a lego minifig collector, would you remove the keychain from shiny red? Why? Thoughts?

I wouldn't because key chains have a hole in their heads that keep the chain connected to the minifigure. There is also a little metal rod that goes through the head that connects the two, I believe. If you were to, it wouldn't look pretty. I tried it with a couple minifigures, but I usually ended up pulling off the head.