City "Police Station" (7498) for $68.40 (32% off, save $31.59)

Legodog

Can someone opine in on the investment potential for CITY sets? I understand that CITY is basically a "evergreen" theme, and a police set is going to be released ever now and then. Even at 31% off, I'm not sure about its investment potential..

Good questions. I recently had an opportunity to pick some of these up heavily discounted (35%) but didn't as I had the same reservations.

Nice, just checked on set 7744 (Police Headquarters), which retailed for $89.99, are going for $200+ NISB at ebay http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_ItemCondition=3&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=7744+lego&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc Supposedly, 7498 is similar to 7744, yet this didn't seem to hurt the CAGR of 7744 much (11.98%)

Nice, just checked on set 7744 (Police Headquarters), which retailed for $89.99, are going for $200+ NISB at ebay

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_ItemCondition=3&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=7744+lego&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Supposedly, 7498 is similar to 7744, yet this didn't seem to hurt the CAGR of 7744 much (11.98%)

Hmm, that does look good. Might have to see if that deal comes back locally and get a couple.

7498 Police Station on Amazon at $70.24 which is 30% off

This isn't yet showing up on the Amazon discount list.

Not a bad price and within $10 of the lowest I've ever seen it plus the extra 3% for using an amazon card.

The problem with this is it is just another police station so it seems like one is always available. I actually like the forest police station better for investment purposes because it is more unique!

7498 Police Station on Amazon at $70.24 which is 30% off

This isn't yet showing up on the Amazon discount list.

Not a bad price and within $10 of the lowest I've ever seen it plus the extra 3% for using an amazon card.

The problem with this is it is just another police station so it seems like one is always available. I actually like the forest police station better for investment purposes because it is more unique!

Wish I would have had the luggage space for the one I seen for $50 in Vegas a couple weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't purchase the Police Station thinking it will be a big return because Lego seems to always have at least one at retail. Through December they had three different police stations if you include the Forest police station. Police stations are one of Lego's 'evergreen' products, they will always have one available. That being said I did purchase two of these in December when it was $57 at Target online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...