Monthly Mini Build 411

Quick question for someone new to the Monthly build, hoping someone can shed some light.

Obviously there is registration mid month for the monthly build. Couple questions;

1) What does the event look like? Meaning do you get your set and have to open it there and build? Or can you leave with it sealed etc.?

2) How do people on eBay who sell these have soooo many of them available? Do they have an inside source? Do they sign up for multiple stores? And is there a max you can get per event?

Just curious, don't really want to get into that game... just confused how it works

thanks

All minibuilds I've been to have been very controlled,  "one-per-kid" events. They usually open the polys ahead of time and dump them into individal plastic cups... or they open them in front of you. I admit I have "sob-storied" that I need an extra one for my other kid who is at soccer, but you can tell that makes them uncomfortable,  and they are "not supposed to do that".  Yes, some sellers clearly have an inside source to get them. I suggest you start buttering up your friends at the Lego store :).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

All minibuilds I've been to have been very controlled,  "one-per-kid" events. They usually open the polys ahead of time and dump them into individal plastic cups... or they open them in front of you. I admit I have "sob-storied" that I need an extra one for my other kid who is at soccer, but you can tell that makes them uncomfortable,  and they are "not supposed to do that".  Yes, some sellers clearly have an inside source to get them. I suggest you start buttering up your friends at the Lego store :).

That's pretty much exactly how I thought these things go down haha, thanks!

I've found many minibuild poly bags available at LLDC a month or two after the build date.  They tend to be around $5 or so, so I've never used it as a source for reselling.  But, if the kids miss a month and wish they had it, it's a least worth a look if you have a local LLDC nearby.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

I've found many minibuild poly bags available at LLDC a month or two after the build date.  They tend to be around $5 or so, so I've never used it as a source for reselling.  But, if the kids miss a month and wish they had it, it's a least worth a look if you have a local LLDC nearby.

That's how I found mini gingerbread house and small space ship, but no longer I find monthly minibulds at LLDC. Gingerbread houses sold, still have few spaceships.

IMG_3570.JPG

IMG_3571.PNG

• Like 1

Last question, what's LLDC? Hahaha