21030 - United States Capitol Building

odysea11

15 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Not sure if B&N has changed how store employees can see inventory but back in the day’s of the Tumbler there were two warehouses one in NJ and one in Nevada that had separate inventories for sets destined to store Vs online. So when a store employee looks up the available inventory based on your location the 315 would be sets left in the NJ warehouse destined for stores. When I tried to convince other suckers like myself to buy up all of the Tumblers I did not know there were thousands left for online fulfillment. 

As a best practice when I look to gather information about any set I like to go to the music department. Their computer screens are more customer friendly & you can see all warehouse inventory levels in the bottom center of the screen.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Ya'll need to start hitting your local B&N's and start clearing this set out!  It's already going for over $140 on Amazon.  Last night I was at the B&N in Easton Town Center in Columbus and I saw eight of them just lying around.  All had a code of 47 weeks in 2019. This is an election year and this set will go gang busters in Q4.  Call all the B&Ns in your area.  Make this disappear now!!!! "You know Lego Steve I've always thought about dipping into architecture but never have." DO IT!!!  DO IT NOW!!!  Columbus Brickpickers,I know there's at least three big dogs out there, I'll be back up there in ten days and when I get back up there I want to see these sets GONE!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegoSteve said:

Ya'll need to start hitting your local B&N's and start clearing this set out

Stoped by the one in my area earlier on Wednesday and they had one Capitol Building left out on the shelf at the time and I decided to pick it up. It turns out they were giving out small Harry Potter and Star Wars micro build sets with every $25 you spent so they gave me 4 of those with the purchase. They don’t add up to much, but it was a nice little surprise. I didn’t even know they had a promotion until I was at the checkout counter. One of the girls had to chime in to remind the other girl that was ringing me up to include them. She reacted as if she had no clue what the other girl was talking about then the other girl reached in a box under the counter, pulled out 4 and threw them in the bag. Glad the other girl was standing there, otherwise I wouldn’t have had a clue and walked off without them. 

Not sure if that is still going or not. I didn’t see any mention of it on their website earlier that day or any promotion in the building (I could have likely missed it though.). She mentioned it was while supplies lasted and that they were running low. But might be worth a look wherever you may be. 

The picture shows the sets they gave me. But she mentioned there were others, but were down to just these two at this particular location.

AA78EC75-C8B9-4104-BAC8-074AFD1E3300.jpeg

9 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

Ya'll need to start hitting your local B&N's and start clearing this set out!  It's already going for over $140 on Amazon.  Last night I was at the B&N in Easton Town Center in Columbus and I saw eight of them just lying around.  All had a code of 47 weeks in 2019. This is an election year and this set will go gang busters in Q4.  Call all the B&Ns in your area.  Make this disappear now!!!! "You know Lego Steve I've always thought about dipping into architecture but never have." DO IT!!!  DO IT NOW!!!  Columbus Brickpickers,I know there's at least three big dogs out there, I'll be back up there in ten days and when I get back up there I want to see these sets GONE!!!

Full price?! Are you out of your mind?! I said it once and I'll say it again:

patience.thumb.jpg.9f5fbcaf7796b25380dc63a0989f2c54.jpg

• Like 2

I read this using a Macho Man voice. You’ve convinced me. I’ve already got around 50 of these but I’m heading out to my two local stores now. OOOOH YEEAAHH!!!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Abelinkin said:

The picture shows the sets they gave me. But she mentioned there were others, but were down to just these two at this particular location.

2 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I read this using a Macho Man voice. You’ve convinced me. I’ve already got around 50 of these but I’m heading out to my two local stores now. OOOOH YEEAAHH!!!

Most likely leftovers from their minibuild events in December.  So YMMV if other stores still have those available

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Is it some sort of revelation that a significant event would affect the prices of a collectable?

I'd like to think he's telling everyone to buy ahead then be a part of making the set valuable. Go deep on the Statue of Liberty then explode it. Profits will rise faster than your prison sentence. 

He must keep his cue cards all over the room....

image.gif.1eb452f2d76062effae413b6d9d3c243.gif

• Haha 2

I'm surprised he even mentioned this because this seems too edgy by his standards.  When I did a vid about the Las Vegas architecture set he edited out me briefly mentioning the mass shooting that happened a few years ago because he said that one of the victims might watch the video.  Lol.  He also edited out a line when I said the reason why bitcoin went from $3 to $7 was because WordPress started accepting BTC which meant that people in China could mine BTC on their laptop and send payment to WordPress so they can chronicle the human atrocities that are going on in that country.  Btw, don't forget to pick up his book on Amazon. Lol!  It's only $50.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Is it some sort of revelation that a significant event would affect the prices of a collectable?

I'd like to think he's telling everyone to buy ahead then be a part of making the set valuable. Go deep on the Statue of Liberty then explode it. Profits will rise faster than your prison sentence. 

He must keep his cue cards all over the room....

image.gif.1eb452f2d76062effae413b6d9d3c243.gif

its worse than not being a revelation. It's a one in a billion type situation. Shady to market this scenario as a way to rope in newbies.

• Like 1