10257 - Carousel

siddji

12 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Glad we sold our 10196 last summer along with our last 10179.

Unfortunately Lego collectible prices are falling so these remakes while not identical do impact prices on the once holy grail sets. We still have Taj and Eiifel Tower.....for now.

But I just read on the blog that it will only help the 10196. ?

Even the fear of the chance/potential for a remake is enough to hurt all the high flyers - and there's no turning back, that damage is done.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, TANV said:

So far, the reaction has been cautiously optimistic and nigh universal praise.  This is...very unusual for the board.  Is it OPPOSITE DAY?!

What's not to love? Other than the thought of all those round circle stickers (that will never really ever be perfectly centered, no matter how you try).

Edited by KShine

Just now, KShine said:

What's not to love? Other than the thought of all those round circle stickers (that will never really be perfectly centered, no matter how you try).

Oh, I agree with you. I plan to get this myself and honestly, it's well-designed and different.  I don't mind the stickers as much since it's a hell of a presentation set on its own.  Having missed out on the original Grand Carousel, this is a worthy successor. 

I'm just glad this thread is very nice change of pace from the doom and gloom, sturm and drang, endless remaking speculation and wool-gathering about LEGO and it's future and motives, etc. we've seen lately.

1 minute ago, TANV said:

I'm just glad this thread is very nice change of pace from the doom and gloom, sturm and drang, endless remaking speculation and wool-gathering about LEGO and it's future and motives, etc. we've seen lately.

Which just goes to show just how reasonable we all are. :jester:

• Like 1

Amazing set.  Love it and love the animals vs. the weird looking horses from 10196.  Color scheme is great as well.  Love the dark and medium blue combination. Have we seen a definite price on this yet?  At that piece count, this isn't going to be cheap. Really happy to be sitting on a pile of Fairground Mixers right now, this theme has been better than I imagined and the inevitable roller coaster will only help it.  I would also like to see a drop tower with some pneumatics in it.

• Like 4

I love the set, just not thrilled about another remake. This will also be a decent money maker in 3 years. The Ferris Wheel and this set are excellent designs IMO. Just not as fun to collect these anymore as you never know if yet another remake will be coming down the pipeline a few years after it retires.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KShine said:

But I just read on the blog that it will only help the 10196. ?

No chance of that lol. I sold 10196 for $2500 cash in Oct 2016 when this set first leaked (back then 10196 went for $3000 - $3500 on ebay). Now you would be lucky to get $2k for it on ebay.

• Like 1

exactly. no chance 10196's value is helped my this set.  I'm just hoping 10196 doesn't fall under $1,000 for new sets. Other than the sound-brick and "prestige" factor, there aren't many reason for buyers to purchase 10196s anymore.

56 minutes ago, asharerin said:

No chance of that lol. I sold 10196 for $2500 cash in Oct 2016 when this set first leaked (back then 10196 went for $3000 - $3500 on ebay). Now you would be lucky to get $2k for it on ebay.

3 hours ago, KShine said:

But I just read on the blog that it will only help the 10196. 1f643.png

Even the fear of the chance/potential for a remake is enough to hurt all the high flyers - and there's no turning back, that damage is done.

Loving the new carousel. It looks amazing and the animals are fantastic. Way better than the weird-looking horses in GC. The spinning looks really smooth too as the designer mentioned they spent a lot of time getting it right. This just adds to my desire of creating an amusement park. I might have to return the Friends rollercoaster I bought since it seems inevitable that a Creator Rollercoaster is probably in the works.