10257 - Carousel

siddji

41 minutes ago, JosephMali said:

This set looks great. Finally we have some hope that Lego will actually exercise a little creativity with a "remake". This carousel does not look much like the previous set and I doubt it will hurt the value much. Mixer may be a great performer if this theme continues strong.

Creative remakes are great - I would even be fine with them having a Carousel theme, or even an UCS Falcon theme (as long as they were innovative, focusing on new aspects of the subject matter, etc.).

LEGO has the most creative minds readily available - For whatever reason, they have chosen to go the lazy route, way too often lately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mattyman said:

But he also designed 10196!

10196 Wasn't designed by Jamie Berard.  

Steen Sig Andersen did excellent job on 10196 considering what he had to work with and meeting requirements.  Andersen also did other neat designs such as The Maze, Ideas Mindcraft , Big Bang Theory, Wall-E, Legoland 4000014 Billund train, BBTF, original VW Beetle, etc...

Via our friends at BrickFan
"As you can see, it is a different from the original Grand Carousel (10196) with what appears to be a new baseplate and it should go well with the Fairground Mixer (10244) and the Ferris Wheel (10247). The official announcement of the set should be coming very soon so stay tuned for that."

8 minutes ago, KShine said:

Sorry, but that looks beautiful!

Agreed and definitely will be buying and building possibly day 1 if they have a promo like Hotdog Stand or Balloon Cart like FW and Mixer. I have sold some mixers at $225 raised price to $249 after Xmas and haven't sold another. I think this beautifully detailed set will only help.  

4 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Really glad this theme is here to stay (at least for now). Now that they got 2 of the most obvious rides out of the way I am really curious about what they decide to release next year (if anything)

Guessing that next year there won´t be a new release and FW will retire late 2018.

2019 could well bring a rollercoaster or bumper cars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaisonline said:

Why the heck isn't a sound brick included?  I can deal with PFA being optional.  Other than that, it seems near-perfect.  

Otherwise all owners of 10196 would be not amused about - then it would be really not to much difference between these two great sets...

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Why the heck isn't a sound brick included?  I can deal with PFA being optional. Not even a single horse included?    Other than that, it seems near-perfect and still can help 10196 avoid taking a complete nose dive.

I kinda like the hand crank w/ PFA optional - It is cool for the young ones (and daddy) to see the functional aspect when you turn the crank, and know of all the inner workings.

MOD's will be able to create all types of animals/vehicles/themes, etc - which will also be fun.

I think I will need to consider changing things a bit to make a Star Wars Carousel (maybe incorporate some Microfighters sets).

Edited by KShine
  • Like 4