10257 - Carousel

siddji

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, joch29 said:

price changes to 177.20 when added to cart even picking frustrating-free.... so frustrating... :) 

i called amazon.  this was an issue on amazon's end and $47.21 was credited back to me.  while i was on the call, the "frustration free packaging" price changed multiple times and the rep saw it himself.  

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:11 AM, jaisonline said:

Pretty good deal at Amazon currently,    35% off.  $129.99.  No buying limit.  Amazon even let me try to checkout 999 items :)

i used some of the nice savings on the power functions (88000 and 8883).  I'll sell them w/ the set down the road. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MHYHXJ/

3A0830ED-33F2-49BF-B82A-A981A5D8F43D.jpeg

I was curious about the power functions that belongs to this set (and others). I am tying to figure out if I am wasting my money buying the power functions that must be purchased separately in some of the sets. I am looking to sell this item many years down the road. Is it logical to buy the power functions along side with the set? Do most of you guys buy the Lego sets and the  power functions at the same time, or do you let the person buying it off you buy the power functions? I bought the power functions for this set just incase it doesn't even exist years down the road. Is that even possible? Can all these power functions that exist right now power older sets. 

7 minutes ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

I was curious about the power functions that belongs to this set (and others). I am tying to figure out if I am wasting my money buying the power functions that must be purchased separately in some of the sets. I am looking to sell this item many years down the road. Is it logical to buy the power functions along side with the set? Do most of you guys buy the Lego sets and the  power functions at the same time, or do you let the person buying it off you buy the power functions? I bought the power functions for this set just incase it doesn't even exist years down the road. Is that even possible? Can all these power functions that exist right now power older sets. 

You overthink stuff. I wouldn't buy PF, maybe your future buyer doesn't even want it.

PFs is a nice option.    not a must have but a nice to have.

I found a video.  too bad the set didn't come with a sound brick like the 10196 grand carousel set from 2009.

note: yes, power functions and even older stuff like the 9v train items still work great.

15 minutes ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

14 hours ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

I feel that when building instructions actually include options for power functions, it becomes a very nice complement to the set itself. Necessary? Not at all. But obviously the set price would be very discouraging if it included the power functions as well. I bought the set and power functions just because I knew I wanted to build it to it's full potential. If you can get the power functions at some discount, (I rarely see that) then why not offer it as a full experience bundle? There will always be a buyer that wants the one and done purchase.

• 2 years later...