Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

The one I bought for myself is proudly standing in my living room and I'm really happy with it. Awesome complex build and an amazing model.

The few boxes I bought for future selling were bought too early (when there was a rumour it was over and done with already) and with not enough discount. Regretful buys, definitely.

18 minutes ago, denosya said:

I have total confidence in this set. I am sure you'll make a lot of money ! 

If you say so... I guess we're the only ones with confidence in this set, surely no one bought these. A classic early retirement low supply set that is overlooked by the majority of the horde. What can go wrong?

30 minutes ago, Saruman said:

I only bought 1 and am proud of it! I don't even own one for personal build! I have only ever bought 1! Even if this sets goes for, I don't know, $600 in a year. I will sell mine and be content, if I had bought more I would be worrying my beard off!

you know they have clippers for that?

Should really consider buying two...a personal build (looks great in any corner of the house) and one as a lottery ticket. I guess you can wait on the 2nd one...if it ever "blows up" you can go to the nearest museum or planetarium and get it for a bit over RRP.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Should really consider buying two...a personal build (looks great in any corner of the house) and one as a lottery ticket. I guess you can wait on the 2nd one...if it ever "blows up" you can go to the nearest museum or planetarium and get it for a bit over RRP.

I was just at NASA in FL over the Holidays and did the Saturn V tour.  Didn't see a single Saturn V LEGO set while there and I looked for them. 

I did, however, see several lunar landers for 20% mark-up.  The Mars sets were at rrp.

1 minute ago, exracer327 said:

I was just at NASA in FL over the Holidays and did the Saturn V tour.  Didn't see a single Saturn V LEGO set while there and I looked for them. 

I did, however, see several lunar landers for 20% mark-up.  The Mars sets were at rrp.

I think u went to the one place they would sell out at over RRP

I've been to Boeing, a children's museum, and a local Planetarium..all had them stocked

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Yeah, but honestly, I don't like the set that much. It's cool, but doesn't appeal to me. So I will only build mine if the price drops to like $30

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Any updates on how this set is doing on other continents? Cause in Europe it's still available. 

Hearing sales are flat in Antarctica.  Can our friends in Bolivia check in for weekly update and tell this guy how things are going in S America?  We need some reassurance one of most popular sets ever made isn't going to turn into a free giveaway in the next 15 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Hearing sales are flat in Antarctica.  Can our friends in Bolivia check in for weekly update and tell this guy how things are going in S America?  We need some reassurance one of most popular sets ever made isn't going to turn into a free giveaway in the next 15 days.

I guess asking something on a public forum is the worst thing to do around here, the salt is real. I apologize from the bottom of my black selfish heart. Better make dumb salty ironic statements not contributing anything to the discussion, I guess you're a role model considering that aspect. Thanks for the salty guidance, Mr. Salt.

Don't know anything about flat sales in Antarctica but thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Bolivia would be interesting to know. I bet prices on the moon should be crazy right now, couldn't be more fitting, could it?

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

In stock at amazon in N America for rrp. ebay prices also around rrp. 

Sold out at lego, target, & walmart. 

Thanks! 

Edited by elmaslıefendi

6 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I guess asking something on a public forum is the worst thing to do around here, the salt is real. I apologize from the bottom of my black selfish heart. Better make dumb salty ironic statements not contributing anything to the discussion, I guess you're a role model considering that aspect. Thanks for the salty guidance, Mr. Salt.

Don't know anything about flat sales in Antarctica but thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Bolivia would be interesting to know. I bet prices on the moon should be crazy right now, couldn't be more fitting, could it?

What I am implying is, relax.  You made good decision loading up on this one.  No need to F5 SAH every 10 min.  Just move on to the next set and enjoy the ride into orbit (see what I did there) when retailer stock poofs.

Love you not Tabby.

Mr. Salt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took a trip to Mars the other day and the martians went nuts for this set! Apparently they had some US cash that was stored inside Opportunity, they told me that they, and I quote, "We smashed that little robot to bits." They found the cash and gave me all of it. A very nice cool $600,000 for 6 of the Saturn V.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Saruman said:

Took a trip to Mars the other day and the martians went nuts for this set! Apparently they had some US cash that was stored inside Opportunity, they told me that they, and I quote, "We smashed that little robot to bits." They found the cash and gave me all of it. A very nice cool $600,000 for 6 of the Saturn V.

Have you subtracted the $500,000 ticket to Mars yet or is that net profit?

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V