Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:49 PM, eliminator said:

some dude on Reddit posted that he had a fire in his home recently....guess he better pick up another Saturn V before it retires....

bt0h8ivkoiu31.jpg

In all honesty, my first thought was Apollo 1, which was just a fire inside the cockpit but killed all three astronauts.  Considering the Soviet counterpart actually did this on the launchpad it's amazing something like this didn't happen to one of the real Apollo rockets.  (Apollo 13 aside, which was while they were in space AND they all survived).

On a less serious note, he's got some nice parts for a pretty cool Lunar/Mars crash landing MOC.  Sorry for the pun... not really.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Saruman said:

I have 1  :) 

Ditto, I have one built and one in box.  I started getting collecting one each for each of the Ideas sets a year or two ago, so I'll probably keep it only for that reason.  Who knows, couple years down the road... it depends on what they're pulling in and my life situation, I might change my mind.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

By next Christmas, this will be 1.5 retail pricing, at a minimum.

Imo that will be the max it gets here in the uk. It's such a good set but the amount they have made has really killed this for investment purposes. It will be a race to the bottom once it finally sells out at lego. The amount of people that will be listing these after retirement will be crazy, me included.

You can't really blame lego for milking this one though, such an amazing set.

Just realized I'm starting to sound like Tabby with the negativity, scrap what I said this will be at 3 x retail next christmas.

Edited by raulaco
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

I anticipate 180-200 but I think it will stagnate at low 200's for a while. Before doing really well, (3 years from now)

You know what, maybe it will. There are people that buy PR right now for 200€ as an investment, nothing is shocking me anymore. Probably some newbs will buy them at 250€ hoping it makes it to 300€ so they make their 12,5€ after eBay & PP fees.

2 hours ago, Legojona said:

In mainland Europe this set was really hard to get in volume, so I expect less dumping. We'll see. 

I can get a hundred for 95 a piece right now. PR was much harder to get in volume.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:38 AM, elmaslıefendi said:

At this point every newbie stocked up because of the "retiring soon" tag.

Yes! Absolutely ?

Mine have just arrived this morning (x4). This is a great, magnificent set.

Edited by denosya
  • Haha 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V