Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Tempted to hop on board this one.
With the promo (probably £25 after fees), £10 voucher, £10 VIP and 7% cashback it seems a good buy in.
I guess this will be around for a while though so will be hard to resist the temptation to build it!
Forget temptation, just get on board

Where are you getting the £10 voucher from?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

7% cashback stopped on Sunday as well. Good job it’s AFOL day on Saturday.

Nope, still going.

What do we get for AFOL day?

19 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

and where's the £10 VIP points? It's £5 surely?

Also... definitely worth building

£10 voucher from the catalogue.

I meant £10 VIP points in my bank.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Captain_chaos said:

2 issues with Lego cashback:

1 - It's pre-VAT, so 7% is actually 5.8%.

2 - Actually receiving the cashback. I've got transactions from early October that are still stuck in pending.

Cshback from Lego not normally not paid until the 90 day return period has elapsed.

Such payments probably happen in a monthly basis. Multi-national companies typically have a set schedule for such types of payments which maximises their liquidity based on geography, currency etc. Hence it won’t be 90 days on the dot. If 120 days have elapsed and nothing, then would be worth chasing

I was shocked to see this today in a local toy shop (Intertoys). A bad sign if you ask me. Not even to talk about the fact that they’ve put these sets below the Nexo Knights. Maybe that’s a sign/forecast for the possible gains for Ideas sets here in Holland from now on.. ?

Here in the Netherlands Ideas sets were, from what I’ve experienced, exclusive to SAH. And now they’re apparently also available to ‘the public mom and dad who has no clue about the existence of SAH’. 

Now I feel a little less confident of my SAH orders (4x) for the Apollo from the last couple of days. 60 years sets makes the pain a little more bearable, but nonetheless.. ?

DF7DB334-2E87-4947-9B23-ED5589A4ADE1.jpeg

721BC628-6371-481A-8625-0B5B0146AA53.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pietsma said:

I was shocked to see this today in a local toy shop (Intertoys). A bad sign if you ask me. Not even to talk about the fact that they’ve put these sets below the Nexo Knights. Maybe that’s a sign/forecast for the possible gains for Ideas sets here in Holland from now on.. 1f61c.png

Here in the Netherlands Ideas sets were, from what I’ve experienced, exclusive to SAH. And now they’re apparently also available to ‘the public mom and dad who has no clue about the existence of SAH’. 

Now I feel a little less confident of my SAH orders (4x) for the Apollo from the last couple of days. 60 years sets makes the pain a little more bearable, but nonetheless.. 1f613.png

DF7DB334-2E87-4947-9B23-ED5589A4ADE1.jpeg

721BC628-6371-481A-8625-0B5B0146AA53.jpeg

Whoa.. you have MEGA duur LEGO speed sets!!  That Ferrari Scuderia car for 24 EUR?? Seriously? Somebody buys it at that price?

59 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Whoa.. you have MEGA duur LEGO speed sets!!  That Ferrari Scuderia car for 24 EUR?? Seriously? Somebody buys it at that price?

Intertoys is often selling LEGO with a mark-up to RRP. Compare from the picture:

Detective's Office at €163,99 (RRP: €159,99)

Brick Bank at €183,99 (RRP: €169,99)

VW T1 Van at €109,99 (RRP: €99,99)

Intertoys is the only nation-wide toy-store in The Netherlands, so they have a monopoly there. Of course there are some local toy stores selling LEGO as well, but they are limited to a regional presence at most. If you're not living in that region you're out of luck and limited to the ubiquitous Intertoys... :( 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Haay said:

Intertoys is often selling LEGO with a mark-up to RRP. Compare from the picture:

Detective's Office at €163,99 (RRP: €159,99)

Brick Bank at €183,99 (RRP: €169,99)

VW T1 Van at €109,99 (RRP: €99,99)

Intertoys is the only nation-wide toy-store in The Netherlands, so they have a monopoly there. Of course there are some local toy stores selling LEGO as well, but they are limited to a regional presence at most. If you're not living in that region you're out of luck and limited to the ubiquitous Intertoys... :( 

Well yeah, but e.g. Detective's office is like 20x bigger than Ferrari car - and still in your words only like 4 EUR more expensive.. that car costs here around 14-15 EUR give or take the exchange rate and on your photo the "premium" is even bigger than that of modular. .. bijenkorf or mediamarkt is not selling anything? I remember from living in DH that these used were the ones I usually went to when looking for something (of course in that time I paid no attention to LEGO at all  :)  )

1 hour ago, Haay said:

I also saw this. Both Ideas sets, however, are RRP..

This was the first time I saw Ideas sets at Intertoys. And from the Apollo I’ve expected it the least. Not a pleasant surprise.

@Crayxlp; Mediamarkt isn’t selling LEGO. If you’re lucky you stumble upon a lost Dimension set, that’s it. Bike lord is only selling the standard stuff so not very interesting.

Edited by Pietsma

• 5 months later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V