New Amazon Counterfeit Removal Program

Ed Mack

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N9RAP7M/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

This isn't a LEGO item, but take a look and see that the first eight sellers are fraudulent.

Will we stand by and do nothing? Where is Lady Justice!?

It used to be that I could go on Amazon and just click away, with little concern for the legitimacy of the products.  Times have changed.

19 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It used to be that I could go on Amazon and just click away, with little concern for the legitimacy of the products.  Times have changed.

Agreed - It's that solid reputation that has allowed for higher prices when selling through Amazon.

If they start to have a new negative reputation (which has been happening), that Amazon premium on pricing will be lost.

9 minutes ago, KShine said:

Agreed - It's that solid reputation that has allowed for higher prices when selling through Amazon.

If they start to have a new negative reputation (which has been happening), that Amazon premium on pricing will be lost.

To me Amazon did not much care about fakes until that shoe company publicly stated they quit selling on Amazon.  This program looks more like a publicity stunt than a real understanding of the issue.  Meaning there will be very bumpy learning experience in the near future for everyone involved   

Guest TabbyBoy

That's why I mainly use Amazon DIRECT and try to avoid 3rd party sellers as it's just too dodgy these days. It's shame that a few dishonest characters can ruin the online marketplace for the rest of us. No wonder that some LEGO aftermarket prices are nosediving!

The problem is that there are no serious penalties or prosecution processes in place for those cretins who want to rip us off.

This program looks more like a publicity stunt than a real understanding of the issue.

So much this.... what a load of horse sht. If they really cared they'd take a proactive approach rather than reacting to complaints from the manufacturers themselves.

Until Amazon is held accountable for the sht sold on their platform, they'll continue to rake in the profits. And until consumers start giving a damn, nobody is going to hold them accountable.