70505 - The Temple of Light

hxckid88

seems this set is on the rise in price daily and is out of stock directly from places such as amazon. Its slowley starting to climb as 9446 destineys bounty did and is froms ame line but is similar in 2505 as its the other main minjago structure of similar size. 70505 to be at 150.00 by end of year? thoughts?

This set has yet to see widespread retail release and will likely be available for all of 2013. I would advise against paying a premium for it now, you will almost assuredly see it sometime this summer/fall at 20% or more off the retail price from major vendors such as amazon/walmart/target. If you're a collector and prone to panic it is currently in stock at Lego S&****, although you will pay retail + shipping as well as sales tax if they have a B&M in your state, so there is at least one venue to get one at a fair price right now without resorting to the secondary market.

seems this set is on the rise in price daily and is out of stock directly from places such as amazon. Its slowley starting to climb as 9446 destineys bounty did and is froms ame line but is similar in 2505 as its the other main minjago structure of similar size. 70505 to be at 150.00 by end of year? thoughts?

Sets that are still available at retail will sell for more on eBay at times due to International shipping and higher fees sellers charge. If this set is still available at major retailers, it will not hit $150 until EOL, and that's no guarantee either.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I am wondering if to buy the 2505. I found two of them NISB for 65 euro each. When I look here at brickpicker there is a big difference in value between the US and Europe. In the US the value is around $165 but in Europe only 85 Euro. The CAGR also shows a big difference. US 33% against Europe only 6.5%. Will it rise also in Europe and should I buy these two? Or leave them where they are?

I am wondering if to buy the 2505. I found two of them NISB for 65 euro each. When I look here at brickpicker there is a big difference in value between the US and Europe. In the US the value is around $165 but in Europe only 85 Euro. The CAGR also shows a big difference. US 33% against Europe only 6.5%. Will it rise also in Europe and should I buy these two? Or leave them where they are?

I got burned badly with Ninjago sets, I avoid them now. Here in Spain the show is not aired, that's one of the reasons why it isn't such a hit over here as in the US.

• 10 months later...

Just a “throwback” thankyou…

I didn’t know anything about this set at the time, but on 11/27/14 meamo posted in the DD thread:

Ninjago Temple of Light 75005 [email protected] for $39.99 (43% off MSRP). Was even cheaper this morning, but poof”

… and when someone commented they were “wary” of Ninjago, even at this price, DoNotInsertIntoMouth said:

“Don't be. Its one of my best Part Out sets I have. I have probably sold 30 of them…. I think its a $120 set at least meaning you get it at 40$ and you are doing good.”

I remember that was the comment that pushed me “off the fence”.  I figured if DNIIM says it’s a good deal at $40, it couldn’t hurt to buy one, right?  So I clicked “buy” for one. I only wish I had bought ten.

• Like 1

Nice bump!  I loaded up on these when Kmart was giving them away at $35. Thing is I put them on THe shelf and forgot about them. Now I will have to go see what they are selling for.  I figured these were a long-term hold now that the movie got pushed. 

The Mech looks Bad Axx Sitting in the temple 

Edited by Pseudoty

• 2 months later...